Highlighted
Contributor

I ordered the powerxl 8qt.k49581 and the fan doesn't hardly blow. And when the heating element kicks in, I don't think the fan blows at all. Packed it up for pickup tomorrow for exchange. My question is, can QVC plug in my replacement before sending to make sure it works? Reviews show others have had problems. I'd like to avoid sending back a second time. I really wouldn't mind someone opening the box to test it.....

Esteemed Contributor

Very doubtful = impossible

QVC doesn't even take possession of most product and especially big ones.  They are shipped to you directly from the manufacturer or a warehouse so Q doesn't even see the box.

They can't even send you a knob to replace a broken knob or plastic dial.

I know it's frustrating ...........................

Contributor

Gee, I really hope the replacement will be ok. I guess I'll have to hope the odds are on my side. Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

@quick cooking mom wrote:

I ordered the powerxl 8qt.k49581 and the fan doesn't hardly blow. And when the heating element kicks in, I don't think the fan blows at all. Packed it up for pickup tomorrow for exchange. My question is, can QVC plug in my replacement before sending to make sure it works? Reviews show others have had problems. I'd like to avoid sending back a second time. I really wouldn't mind someone opening the box to test it.....

I would not risk it...most likely it won't work for long if it does at first.