Respected Contributor

Re: Temptations Poor Quality

@WSfan wrote:

I received a set of Temptations as a gift, which I use rarely in the oven. I also own pieces that are just for serving and measuring. When I received the set as a gift, I wisely did not donate my reliable Corningware and Pyrex baking pieces. I personally have not had problems with my Temptations except for some minor crazing in the bottom of one of my large rectangular pieces, but have read here numerous times about those that have. If QVC/Temptations refuses to help you, there is only one way everyone can rectify this, and that is by not purchasing this product any longer. If QVC sees that the stuff is not moving and taking up warehouse space, maybe they will either fix the problem or discontinue the line. Tara has made a great deal of money with this line; you would think that she would care for the customer more. Why QVC discontinued a quality line like Polish Stoneware for Temptations has been a mystery to me.

Because it's very pricey...beautiful though.  I have quite a few pieces, use and love them all as well as performance factor.

Honored Contributor

I have just 2 pieces of Temptations.  They are the only pretty bakeware I have and I use them frequently.  I'm not a collector, though, and I don't need more. 

I do have  old Pyrex and old Corningware, both of which are still serviceable if not as attractive.  Fine for serving from the stove or the counter though.

Only reason I'd be looking for new bakeware would be if I dropped something I really need onto the tile and watched it shatter!

Honored Contributor

Ok this one remark jumped out at me

"absorbs water if submerged"

All during their presentations on QVC, they brag that nothing sticks, so why would they even assume you submerge your Temptations?

And if you shouldn't submerge, shouldn't that be in the instructions?   Like an electric fryer?   Do not submerge

@Nonnathegreatone wrote:

My temptations is cracking as well.  When I called their customer service I was told to ONLY wash in a dishwasher as they will absorb water if submerged in water.  I'm sorry, but that's just nuts.  Big assumption that everyone owns a dishwasher or uses it exclusively.  I wanted to replace a saucer.  The replacement was free, the postage to mail it to me was $10.  I'm not going to pay to watch another one crack.  I'll just keep throwing the cracked ones away and eventually replace with stoneware that doesn't crack.  Since they're made in China I have no idea what kind of glaze is used and how safe it might be to use after the glaze is cracked.

Honored Contributor

As pretty as Temptations are, they can't possibly make a high quality piece of pottery, with high quality clays, high quality firings and glaze for the prices they are asking. That's why there are restrictions like not being able to submerge the piece in water and leave it.  That's why the piece becomes brittle over time and cracks, sometimes cracking totally in half while cooking in a hot oven....!

I DO have a bread basket, and two servers for when we have guests...  beautiful blue that goes (somewhat) with my Polish Stoneware, but none of them go into an oven and aren't used that much so I expect them to last for a while.... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Didnt you wonder why it was so cheap?

Super Contributor

Didn't have to wonder too long. If it's cheap, it's probably made in China.

Esteemed Contributor

Temptations  =  Cash in the Trash!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

Yea, that we paid for !

Occasional Contributor

It is! Made in China and CHEAP!

Honored Contributor

It's a shame they snooker so many people into believing that these products are the same quality as products that actually ARE of good quality.

I'll never understand the draw, as they are just so profoundly unattractive.  But I think more and more people are turning away because of the (lack of) quality.

I guess you can get replacement parts directly from the company and - this is the funny (NOT!) part - they are free, but you pay $10 for shipping.   Geez Louize!  I'd laugh except I don't really think it is funny to represent cheaply made, poorly fired, products as good quality.