Valued Contributor

TSV GARDEN REFLECTIONS BASKET.

Forgive me if I missed any discussion about this horrible basket we were deceived about on the size. I have been preparing for a surgery coming up and have not been on the forums. But, I have kept up on the many negative reveiws, so I know I am not being picky about this. And if I am not mistaken it looks like the description on this basket has been corrected to what it really is in size. I promptly marked my return as a defective item, due to being misled by the descriptions and what was shown on air. I hope QVC does right and refunds our full amount and charges no return shipping fee. How a company can go from making beautiful, full baskets like last years TSV hanging baskets to this year's disaster is beyond me. It is not the increase in price from last year that I am complaining about, but the terrible quality of what we received for a price hike.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV GARDEN REFLECTIONS BASKET.

[ Edited ]

@nomar you are right in the QVC edited the description of the basket. I checked online Wednesday and there was one description. Friday, the dimensions were edited to note the 14" included the hanging chain. I guess after all of the negative reviews re size QVC edited the description, but they are too late on this. I am also returning my basket. Maybe Barbie can hang it in her Dream House.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there was another thread about the small size of those baskets. Maybe it was @Kachina624  who mentioned it...?? I can't find that thread but I remember reading it.

ETA- 

I found that thread here:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Home/QVC-Deception/m-p/7441451#M264033

Respected Contributor

I didn't comment on Katrina's thread but I'll say here that I did finally catch while watching the presentations just how small those baskets were. I ordered the TSV last year and liked the look of the flowers/foliage but even those baskets were barely big enough for my purposes. I would have preferred the larger version but they were waaaaay more expensive. I feel bad for those who ordered and did not get what they expected...or actually, did not receive what they were led to believe in print they were getting. Shameful.

Last years version that I got certainly looks more lush in this pic then it was, but it was still good.

product thumbnail 4

Honored Contributor

If they changed the description to make the 14" the length of the chain, its still deceptive because, in the garden industry, hanging baskets are always measured by the diameter of the basket.  I'm returning mine and will INSIST on a full refund.

I even tried fluffing it to see if it looked any better.  It didn't.  There not much you can fluff with non-wired plastic stems and cheap, crushed poly flowers that won't stay open.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

As I said in my 1 star review, it is a good thing the vendor stressed how the "dirt" is black and looks like dirt. Good thing, because there is a lot of black showing in the dirt of this tiny basket. So sparce you could see black everywhere. I am still so miffed at QVC's own brand of Garden Reflections that I do not believe I will ever order that brand again.They turned out a beautiful basket last year and i bought 3. I just put all 3 out on our covered deck and they are so nice looking. But, from now on after this stunt QVC pulled, I will stick with Wicker Park if I want more faux plants.

Super Contributor

the misrepresentation wasn't the length of the hanger, but the size of the BASKETS. they were listed as 14" BASKETS. which means the basket itself should have been 14" diameter. instead, about 8 or 9". the bigger ones were too pricey as I needed 4. 

not happy. they look 'real' enough, but so small no way could I hang them....I ended up finding some coconut husk hanging baskets (even have black metal decor on the sides) for $7 each at b +g l0ts. still not happy, but at least this made them look bigger therefore more 'real'.

I ended up putting 2 in each of 20" long plasltic terra planters. raised them up from below and spread them out in the boxes. this gave me the best look.

so, in addition to the price of the baskets, I spent more for bigger hanging baskets and deck planters. 

I won't buy from this company again as I feel they were deceptive. ditto my first and only purchase of IT body makeup. I did send that set of two back. ordered two colors as I couldn't decide which would be best. turns out, neither. awful 

when so many write negative reviews and return product, the company should waive return costs. 

two bad experiences doesn't make me interested in Q shopping.