Frequent Contributor

I am so tired of receiving items that have been returned by other customers.  Ordered two backpacks.  When received one was fully packaged with packing on the inside, the straps were still wrapped and the plastic sleeve had never been opened.  However, the other one had no packing the straps were loose (not wrapped) and the plastic sleeve was not the original one.  The backpack was all "floppy" in the the bag.  It was obvious that it had been a return.  Not in the condition I wanted for a gift as the other one was.  Sending it back.

Honored Contributor

@Southern Classy.  How many times has this happened to you?  What else have you received that was unsatisfactory?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My Q purchases are mainly hard goods.

I get some clothing (Colleens's sweaters), and personal items from HSN's clearance page.

I have NEVER received anything from either store  "used". 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Southern Classy  I don't believe I've ever received used goods in 20 some odd years of buying.

Honored Contributor

@Southern Classy wrote:

I am so tired of receiving items that have been returned by other customers.  Ordered two backpacks.  When received one was fully packaged with packing on the inside, the straps were still wrapped and the plastic sleeve had never been opened.  However, the other one had no packing the straps were loose (not wrapped) and the plastic sleeve was not the original one.  The backpack was all "floppy" in the the bag.  It was obvious that it had been a return.  Not in the condition I wanted for a gift as the other one was.  Sending it back.

@Southern Classy  You are not alone. This issue has happened to me more than a few times...mainly with clothes and a couple of times with home decor items.

The clothes that were not new/but returns should have been sold 'as is', but were restocked as new items. They would have either human or furry critter hair on them or in some cases the tags have been removed. Twice I received returned/worn shoes.

Depending on the condition, I will let it go sometimes as just an error in the returns dept. Other times I will call CS to receive a fair discount or an  adjustment for the current 'as is' price.

I have bought LOTS of 'as is' over the years...still do. The only issue I have with 'as is' is getting them when I paid the 'new' product price...whether on sale or not.

Honored Contributor

Re: So sick of........

[ Edited ]

I receive return clothing items all the time, thank goodness.  Otherwise,  I would have missed out on many wonderful clothing items.  The average over 30 orders a month so there have been a lot of them, several so far this month.  I've never received one that wasn't neatly folded, packaged, and in pristine, new condition. 

Keep them coming QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I received a used phone once, and it didn't work right which was probably why it was a return.  It had numbers saved in memory.  Sent it back and got a replacement.