Honored Contributor

I've seen several posts with customers reporting that the order process isn't requiring them to securely sign into their account before proceeding.

If you're certain you didn't log in earlier and there's still an open session with your account info available to the website...

then, unless the system is allowing you to order as a "guest" and it's asking you to manually enter personal info such as address and payment info (or its asking you to auto-fill the personal info that you have saved on your device), then this sounds like a serious security issue.

Don't know which moderators are today for us to "@notify,"  but I hope they see this thread.    Also, I'd suggest that anyone who sees this happening might want to send an email message to the moderators and explain the details.   Their address is QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

The exact thing happened to me on October 6th.  I must have acidently hit the Speed Buy button on the item I was looking at because next thing I knew I got a Thanks for your Order pop up.  I IMMEDIATELY went to Order Status to see what happend and I had to LOG IN to do that (and this is within seconds of the pop up).  So, it definitely let me order without being logged in.  Fortunately, I was able to cancel the order I did not place...  I can see where this added "feature" (as we used to call bugs when I worked on software) can cause some real problems!

Honored Contributor

This just happened to me for the first time.  

Yes, I had logged in much earlier in the day and placed an order.  By the way, that order did not show on my order status page nor did I get a confirmation email for a full ten minutes.  Normally, both of those are immediate.  I don't know if that is connected or not, but it's the first time it happened to me.  Luckily, I always write down my order number before leaving the last ordering page.

Then, just now--7 hours later--I placed another order and it never required me to give my password.  I had not logged out from earlier (and I've also been signed into the forums), but I've never been able to place another order that long afterwards without it requiring my password.  Only when I wanted to look at the order status did it ask for a password (my email was already entered).  Also, once again it took at least ten minutes to have the order show up on my order status page and to receive a confirmation email.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Perhaps you have a take on this:

This happened again to me this morning.

I had signed into the forums, but not the main website.  When I left the forums and placed an order, it did not require my password--all my information was there already.  Instead of placing the order, I closed my browser, cleared my history and web data, then went back and placed the order again.  This time I had to enter both my email and password to get to the ordering pages.

I'm wondering if the ordering procedure is now picking up information in our browsing history.  It never used to do this.  The forums and main website were two different entities and both required at least a password even if you were signed into one or the other.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Perhaps you have a take on this:

This happened again to me this morning.

I had signed into the forums, but not the main website.  When I left the forums and placed an order, it did not require my password--all my information was there already.  Instead of placing the order, I closed my browser, cleared my history and web data, then went back and placed the order again.  This time I had to enter both my email and password to get to the ordering pages.

I'm wondering if the ordering procedure is now picking up information in our browsing history.  It never used to do this.  The forums and main website were two different entities and both required at least a password even if you were signed into one or the other.

Hi, @geezerette!   I've been sick and fell behind in looking at my notifications.   Sorry for the delay in responding.

Reading the various reports of this, I tend to agree that it sounds like the website is using cookies or cache (which is designed to be temporary storage) to fill in our personal information.   Personally, I'm not comfortable with that and it's all the more reason to clear out that browser data as often as possible.   I think this is an important and worrisome security issue and I hope all the customers who experience it will contact QVC via email or phone calls (to the corporate offices and the moderators, not to customer service).   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova