Trusted Contributor

Why am I able to place an order without Signing on? In the past before check out was changed, I had to sign on before ordering. Just now I was able to order the TSV without signing in. When I went to the Check Order status, the system made me sign on. This sounds like a lack of Security.

ETA: Also did not get a "Thanks for your order".  It does show on my order status

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmhHad you signed into your account earlier in the same session and not signed out?  I did notice one day fairly recently that I need to sign out if I'm toggling back and forth and don't like being still signed in when I'm here on the Forums.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops   No I had not signed on.  I rarely sign on to the ordering side.  This morning I was just looking at the Home Page to see what the TSV was. Usually if I try to place an order without signing on, the system would go the sign on screen first before letting me order.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmhThat certainly is what I remember, too.  

If you're skittish still, send a note to the mods.

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh   You probably have a cookie in your computer.  In other words, their system recognizes your computer because you've used it with them before.  Most of the places I shop (Amazon, ShopHQ) are like this.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

@2blonde   If that is true why did have to sign on to check the order status?

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh   I don't know, but I've found it to be like that with other websites as well.  I can place an order, but I need to sign in to look at my account.  I suppose because I could change my address and view my CC info if I got into my account.  I did place two QVC orders this morning before I came here, and I did not have to sign in until I came to the boards.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh - For what it's worth, I placed two orders today about half an hour apart while browsing the website and my wish list. I had to sign in to place the first order but did not have to do so with the second one. And I have not yet received email confirmation for either order, though both appear on my Order Status page. This site is always full of "fun" technological issues; as long as you can do what you need/want to do, I wouldn't worry too much about the peripheral details. Happy shopping!

Trusted Contributor

Finally received my "Thank you for Your Order" email @ 5:35pm from an 8:15am order. Better late than neverSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh - Almost the exact order and email confirmation times for me; there must have been a system glitch this morning.