Honored Contributor

Good morning! Every evening I clear my history on the Safari (I Pad) and in the AM when I sign into a forum and then head to another forum, I need to sign in again! 

So if I start in Linea and head to Beauty and then to Garden I have to sign into the forums 3X's. I noticed this recently after the techs fixed the signing in to not go to your order status page as the default. Once I have a 'cookie' for each forum, I do not encounter the need to sign in again unless I have been inactive for hours (which is another problem, since once signed in, you should remain signed in, period until you sign out).

Is anyone else experiencing this sort of problem?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I'm on a laptop and it always remembered my password and now I have to type it in all the time and sometimes I have to sign in three times in a row, whereas I didn't before.  I don't stay singed in all the time either. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @JustJazzmom and @makena I am so sorry you are having issues. I forwarded your comments on to our IT Department.

Honored Contributor

This need to sign into each forum is still happening on Safari browser on I Pad and something else I have  noticed--

all threads on the forum I am in look like they have all been read by me, and they haven't! I haven't clicked on the button saying 'mark all threads read'.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @JustJazzmom Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I believe they are still working on the signin issue, but I will also pass on the fact the posts you haven't read are marked read. 

Honored Contributor

JustJazzmom wrote:

This need to sign into each forum is still happening on Safari browser on I Pad and something else I have  noticed--

all threads on the forum I am in look like they have all been read by me, and they haven't! I haven't clicked on the button saying 'mark all threads read'.

@JustJazzmom,  I have an older iPad 3 -- it's aged out of iOS updates, so my current version is 9.3.5 (and, of course, will stay that way).   I'm not experiencing the problems you described.   Which iPad do you use, and which iOS version?

Questions:

1 --  When deleting Safari history, etc., do you also tap the "Advanced" tab, the "Website Data," then "Remove All Website Data"?

2 --  In "General" settings, have you disabled "Background App Refresh"?    If this is enabled, it can cause us to find ourselves logged out more often so I always keep it disabled.

I'm stumped with all your threads marked as completely read.   I've only seen that when the option you mentioned is activated, so I hope the tech staff can fix whatever caused it to automatically trigger.    That's not good.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: Signing In Problems

[ Edited ]

makena wrote:

I'm on a laptop and it always remembered my password and now I have to type it in all the time and sometimes I have to sign in three times in a row, whereas I didn't before.  I don't stay singed in all the time either. 

Hi, @makena!    It's possible the browser settings somehow were changed so they no longer remember your login info or try to autofill your passwords.  Also, be sure you have the most current version of the browser and that you clear all cookies/cache/data, quit the browser, and relaunch it at least once a day.  

Another thing...  if you use browser addons/extensions, be sure those are up-to-date.   And, one of those might be blocking the password autofill -- that happened to me before with Ghostery on Firefox and at the moment the newest version of Firefox is causing login problems for me on a few sites (I use a Mac).  Just brainstorming...  sorry you're having problems.    It's aggravating, for sure.

(My info:  iMac, macOS Sierra v. 10.12.4.  Firefox 52.0.2, Chrome  57.0.2987.133, Safari 10.1.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JustJazzmom,  I have an older iPad 3 -- it's aged out of iOS updates, so my current version is 9.3.5 (and, of course, will stay that way).   I'm not experiencing the problems you described.   Which iPad do you use, and which iOS version?

Questions:

1 --  When deleting Safari history, etc., do you also tap the "Advanced" tab, the "Website Data," then "Remove All Website Data"?

2 --  In "General" settings, have you disabled "Background App Refresh"?    If this is enabled, it can cause us to find ourselves logged out more often so I always keep it disabled.

I'm stumped with all your threads marked as completely read.   I've only seen that when the option you mentioned is activated, so I hope the tech staff can fix whatever caused it to automatically trigger.    That's not good.

IPad mini 4, recent update IOS 10 something...  question one -- no;

question 2 -- no

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Questions:

IPad mini 4, recent update IOS 10 something...  question one -- no;

question 2 -- no

Thanks!   That might be the answer to some of the problems, @JustJazzmom.   Unless the "Advanced" website data is deleted, the cookie removal is only partial.    And having the background app refresh enabled will tend to log us out of a website more often.    Unfortunately, this site is more susceptible to these things and they leave it up to us to try and make things work.   I hope you have a lovely Monday, and a great week!

Valued Contributor

Yes, I having this problem with signing in. Every time I change from food to account, to anything I have to re-sign in!

Yes, It annoys the heck out of me!