Contributor

Shipping labels and Free Exchanges

I do not understand using QVC shipping labels.  I think there may be an embedded code that says "take your time".  I dropped off a couple of packages at the post office on July 27 and they are just now being processed at QVC.  They did sit in Cleveland until August 10.  This has happened to me more than once and at different post offices in terms of 'dropping off'.  (BTW, I always get a receipt.)  I also have had an issue with the item arriving in Lancaster and after 5 days still no refund, had to call QVC to get a refund.

As far as Free Exchanges go, I recently sent back two Barefoot Dreams to exchange for a smaller size and different colors.  The one color that I wanted has been in stock for the last two weeks and now is gone.  Guess what, I am out of luck because my exchange sat in limbo for three weeks.  Too expensive to repurchase, if and when it comes back in since it was a special price. So much for free exchanges, I guess we both lose QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping labels and Free Exchanges

@Herfy wrote:

I do not understand using QVC shipping labels.  I think there may be an embedded code that says "take your time".  I dropped off a couple of packages at the post office on July 27 and they are just now being processed at QVC.  They did sit in Cleveland until August 10.  This has happened to me more than once and at different post offices in terms of 'dropping off'.  (BTW, I always get a receipt.)  I also have had an issue with the item arriving in Lancaster and after 5 days still no refund, had to call QVC to get a refund.

As far as Free Exchanges go, I recently sent back two Barefoot Dreams to exchange for a smaller size and different colors.  The one color that I wanted has been in stock for the last two weeks and now is gone.  Guess what, I am out of luck because my exchange sat in limbo for three weeks.  Too expensive to repurchase, if and when it comes back in since it was a special price. So much for free exchanges, I guess we both lose QVC.

@Herfy - I totally understand your frustration with this very slow process! Not to be too facetious, but there actually is a "take your time" aspect associated with the return label--the returns classification is the very lowest and slowest shipping option on the totem pole, and with the partnership between USPS and UPS to convey returns from customers back to sellers, there's an added step (delay) in the process. And I agree that QVC is also quite slow to process returns/exchanges, which only makes things more annoying. The last two times I've tried to do exchanges, I have also just received a refund instead due to lack of stock. I appreciate the refund policy, though; at least that way, I've really only wasted time rather than money. <=|

Respected Contributor

I have had the same problems with returns and exchanges on QVC.  I bought a griddle from Curtis Stone on HSN and it came with a screw off and rattling around inside the griddle.  I called HSN CS and told them and she marked it that I was exchanging for another and then I took the bad one to UPS.  I received the exchanged griddle within the week.  I have never received an exchange that quickly from QVC.  Returns are equally as fast. 

Valued Contributor

I agree with you--the hosts always tout the free exchanges as if it were easy breezy but it would take 6 weeks to get it done!   And that's if the person processing what you send back actually takes the time to read the return slip and see that it is an exchange.  I once sent something back wanting to exchange it for a different size.  Nope, they just refunded me without a word.  I don't know if it was because by the time it got back to them my new size was sold out (numerous weeks) or if they just didn't look.  But it was the first and last time I bothered trying for the 'free exchange'. 

Frequent Contributor

@luvmybeetle, UPS is much better than USPS.  I wish QVC would give us a choice.  I would always choose UPS.  You don't see Amazon using the post office..... Hello.

Frequent Contributor

@Tantallum , I specifically asked whether someone actually reads what we write on those little return forms because it seems like such a stupid way to do this, no real consistency or documentation online.  She said oh yes they definitely read them.  I am awaiting an exchange as I type this (hence being in this forum post), so I guess I will find out --- EVENTUALLY.