New Contributor

Shipping charges not listed on website

What happened to the shipping charges for items on website?  They are no longer listed. How are we supposed to know how much the shipping charges are?  I won't buy anything without knowing how much the charges will be.  Please post the shipping charges for each item on the website. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping charges not listed on website

I went to see if they showed up on my computer...no...they are not there...what the heck happened...every other day there is a problem with this site...I don't blame you...I am not buying unless I know the s&h....either....

Honored Contributor

I never know what the shipping will be until I preview my order just prior to submitting. Shipping to Hawaii is exponentially higher than what is posted on the item. I guess I didn't realize it wasn't posted since it doesn't mean anything to me anyway.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

QVC's  IT department is sub-par, at best.  I put an item in my cart to see if it would show there, and it did.  It was strange, the shipping was $5.50.  I've only seen full dollar amounts on QVC before.  Maybe they are in the process of raising all the shipping charges.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @ozzie@circles@SurferWife and @Lila4Now,

We are currently performing an update on our website which is why you are not able to see the shipping and handling amounts on the product detail page.  The correct charge will appear at checkout.  The updates should be completed by noon ET on 8/3.  

I apologize for any inconvenience and we certainly appreciate your patience!

Barb

Customer Care

Honored Contributor

The 'update' may have something to do with raising shipping prices on some items. I notice quite a few items on my wish list that were $5 S&H are now showing $5.50 S&H.

Also, for me when the item page is loading, I can see the S&H, but by the time the page fully loads, it disappears.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I don't know about their raising rates - probably.  But I do know there have always been not full dollar prices because I have several of those on my AD orders even (2.89 and 2.99) as well as one for 10.79 for a larger, more expensive item.

So far in 2016, I've spent far less on S&H than I would have on the old policy -  and far less even than if I'd paid for a Prime membership.  It all depends upon knowing what you like to buy and where you like to do it.  For what I want, sometimes QVC will be my source, but as it's always been, I will shop multiple places.

Valued Contributor

Does anyone know why the shipping charges have increased?  I was shocked to see the increased shipping charges on one of my items, so I immediately canceled it.

Trusted Contributor

People, shop around.  Other vendors take the cost of your total order, and will give free shipping for very small amounts.  The outrageously high shipping charges are just one way QVC can dig deeper in your pockets.  Often, one handbag, or one pair of shoes will get you free shipping.   

Honored Contributor

H*ll, they don't post the measurements of items half the time any more. I told Susan Graver on FB a top she had that would had ran close to 70.00 they don't have any measurements what so ever I had to contact a mod to find out the measurements and she sent me an offline email . Guess it's a secret.

I just got thru kicking rear all over the place about the measurements being in seamstress language. I let Gary Goben know on his FB page. I also went to Louis Dell O'rio on his page. They need to know that this is going on.

I think they need to put pressure on people who are responsible for lax attention on their clothes. Not a well run organization any more. Need to prune out the deadwood and get some people who are awake.