Frequent Contributor

Shipping Processes2020: Comprehensive Explanation Please

I have a request for Customer Service or the Social Team: Can someone point me to a thorough explanation of the default warehouse pick and shipping processes used by the Q now, for orders and returns? UPS SurePost? Mail Innovations? Other offerings by the big shippers?

It is obvious that parcels are no longer treated an individual items, but are being bundled together, and processed in bulk. What I can't find is the detailed explanation. How often do shipments leave your warehouse by UPS, USPS, etc? Hourly? Daily? Do they leave your warehouses in the hands of the final shipper, or go in bulk to some other transfer point? 

How much inventory is now going to be directly stored and fulfilled at a remote vendor location? Which vendors? AND HOW DO WE KNOW? 

And how does expedited shipping bypass some of that process?

I've looked at the Postal Service and UPS websites, and realize there are complicated options for parcel handling by businesses, and these options are invisible to us as customers, and look nothing like the possibilities available to me as an individual when I ship a parcel somewhere. 

Without a decent, detailed explanation, I find it increasingly difficult to understand the snail's pace of QVC shipping versus other online retailers, and more to the point, WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE NEW NORMAL IS LIKELY TO BE. 

A system delivers what it is designed to do. Please explain your order fulfillment system to your customers. Your estimated delivery dates are still a ****** shoot, compared to your competitors. 

Yes, a bit of a rant, but nowhere on your website are the default shipping processes transparent. And frankly, performance currently is nowhere near best in class, or even average. An explanation of the processes would be useful. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping Processes2020: Comprehensive Explanation Please

The new normal for me is 11 days.  Pony Express?  Scenic Route?

Honored Contributor

I don't know of any company that posts this detail.  I work in logistics and can verify it's complicated.  You may want to call the presidents office for an answer.  

Valued Contributor

You can't seriously believe that QVC will answer you.  As another poster stated, "it's complicated."

Packages are probably sent out by truck load to various unnamed hubs.  From there the ****shoot begins. 

Other orders are transmitted to unnamed vendors and then it is up to the vendor to figure out best mode of transportation.  I'm sure much is determined by the size and availability of the goods.  Some vendors apparently manufacture to the size of the buy.

Also different warehouses carry different inventory, so mode of transportation varies by warehouse location and its distance from you.

Good luck in figuring out the details.

Honored Contributor

no issues for me and i dont need to know the process.

i get my packages within the 7 - 10 day time limit that they advertise.

MOST of the time i receive packages from qvc within 3 - 6 days.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is why I am limiting my shopping here............ and trying to quit all together!!!

It is undesireable (for me) to take sooooooooo long to ship an item.

Actually I could drive there myself and pick it up faster than they deliver it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DebPA3

I. Stopped shopping on QVC a while back. My closets are packed..

QVC has used bulk shipping and returns for a few years. The days of getting packages by UPS in two days are gone. 

Last year, I bought a coat from LandsEnd and free shipping was  with a $75.00 purchase. The package came in 6 days. They did offer faster delivery for an extra $15-24. 

It maybe time  for you to find other online places to shop. Somewhere you can receive faster shipping. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I too worked in Logistics/ Supply Management for decades, until recent retirement. I know how it works. And I, too, understand all my shopping options and alternatives, and have made appropriate adjustments to my shopping at QVC. 

I still expect more transparency. If I buy from the big "A", I can see if the item is sold and fulfilled by them, or the order just processed by them and fulfilled by others. 

In the absence of information, I am forced to consider that the banner which said, "Hold  tight, we're improving our shipping systems", or some such thing over the past few months, is baloney, and the system is performing exactly as intended. What a shame. 

Best regards everyone.