Super Contributor

QVC your shipping charges are crazy especially on Black Friday items! Please give us a break on shipping,$11.00 on a light weight item, 2 small candles $5.50 really? PLEASE!!!! Thank you.

Frequent Contributor
I recently got a survey from QVC and one of the questions was do I think the shipping is reasonable. ...... Not at all
Honored Contributor

I don't know about the $11.00 on a lightweight item.  It could be the size of the box.  

I don't think $5.50 is a lot.  Try sending this box to someone you know.  It would cost more.  Not all companies offer free shipping.  Check out their prices.  $5.50 is reasonable.  

I used the following example before.  A survey was done asking which of the following customers would buy.

An item priced at $50 with $5.00 shipping.

or

The same item priced at $55 with free shipping.

Most chose $55 with free shipping.

Both come to $55.  No savings.  So why did they choose free shipping?  They think they are getting a bargain when they are not. 

QVC does increase prices on some items on free shipping days.  

If QVC offered free shipping, expect prices to go up.  No retailer is going to absorb shipping costs without making up that loss elsewhere.  They are in the business of making money, not losing it.  Ultimately, the customer is paying for it. 

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee  I understand what you are saying, but do not totally agree. I always shop around for free shipping. Suppose you are buying shoes at Zappos, they give free shipping. You can find the exact same item at the same price at other sites who charge for shipping. This happens at Nordstrom all the time. Their items ship free and are the exact same price elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Pricing?

[ Edited ]

@RACALAMB2 

Call me crazy because I'm still shaking my head😮😮😮

My gd wanted the Oreo Halloween gingerbread kit & cookie kit.  DIL couldn't find in their area -- so being a "softie" I said they have them @ our Michael's -- I'll get them and mail to her.

Both kits cost $23. The 12x12x6 box weighing 2.9 oz 

cost $17.49 to mail via USPS😲🤷‍♀️.  They claim it was the size of the box.

If it wasnt for my GD wanting these and knowing it would brighten her day --believe me they would have been returned!!  

I am shocked what shipping costs are so $5.50 is a  bargain when I think about it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee I too understand what you are saying but if the item in question from QVC with shipping is $55 and the same item on Amazon is $55 with free shipping I'm going with Amazon everytime because I will have my item in 2 days tops, maybe same day,  while it's still in process at QVC. Lot's of products on QVC are on Amazon. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered 4 Susan Graverclothing items last week.  I paid $3.50 shipping on each item for a total of $14.00 shipping.  I received the 4 items yesterday all jammed into 1 plastic bag.  The bag was filthy dirty and ripped on the corner from being overstuffed.  Is this fair and reasonabl? I think not!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  My GD wanted the cookie kit. A few dollars more on Amazon but free shipping right to her, got it in 2 days and I didn't have to box it up and take to PO and pay postage.  Worth it to me.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Foxxee I too understand what you are saying but if the item in question from QVC with shipping is $55 and the same item on Amazon is $55 with free shipping I'm going with Amazon everytime because I will have my item in 2 days tops, maybe same day,  while it's still in process at QVC. Lot's of products on QVC are on Amazon. 

@mspatmac 

There are advantages to shopping elsewhere.  I don't think QVC can compete with such large companies as Amazon.  Amazon is one of the reasons other retailers aren't doing well.  They are unable to compete.  

The only companies I see that are able to successfully compete with Amazon are Walmart and possibly Target.  

The problem I see with QVC is it doesn't even try to compete with companies its own size and smaller.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Pricing?

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac 

Ugh.....I checked Amazon first they only had cookie dippers but not the gingerbread house☹️☹️ 

I made the decision to just do it and yes, I paid shipping but figured I haven't sent her anything in awhile.

I'm thinking the fees to return things to Q that just aren't right "in my opinion" so I think I'll try the way others say -- put everything in one box vs. sending separate to save $$$. ( I ordered some VPH and a few gifts and not as nice as appeared on tv)

🤔😲🤷‍♀️