Respected Contributor

I logged into my account about 10 minutes ago and was looking at the various shows to see what they were offering.  

I noticed the time zone was set at "central time", so I changed it to "eastern time".  

No more than 5 minutes passed, and as I clicked on a different show, it went back to "central time".

This is ridiculous IMO and wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

TIA.

Honored Contributor

Crazy, isn't it?  Not sure why they have it working that way.  We shouldn't have to check the time zone!  It should be set once and for all to our correct time zone!

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette , thank you.  I realize this might not be a big deal to some; however, it gets tiresome once we are logged in and have to keep changing it.

Thanks for your kind post.

Regular Contributor

The same thing happens to me. I find it annoying as heck.  It seems like it should be a simple fix, not sure why the Q won't fix it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk1  It happens to me all the time. Now, that's the first thing I check when I go to the Program Guide. I'm in Eastern, but I randomly get Pacific and Central. I think this was discussed a while ago, but I don't think anyone had a fix for it.

Honored Contributor

I show EST as the default, and I'm in central.  The only time I change it is to view Recently Shown Items.  I use the program guide on my DISH service, it is highly accurate.  

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 

Yes - happens periodically.  Annoying ... 

===================================

@HisElk1 wrote:

I logged into my account about 10 minutes ago and was looking at the various shows to see what they were offering.  

I noticed the time zone was set at "central time", so I changed it to "eastern time".  

No more than 5 minutes passed, and as I clicked on a different show, it went back to "central time".

TIA.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have to change the time zone constantly.  

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

TIA.

Yes, it happens for no apparent rhyme or reason.  For weeks mine is good and set correctly, and then suddenly it starts jumping from Pacific to Eastern and everything in between.  I'm in the cycle where it has remained in the correct time zone for a couple of weeks now, but that could suddenly change.

Esteemed Contributor

It keeps happening to me too and it is annoying.