Occasional Visitor

STOP SENDING ME USED/RETURNS

OMG! Just received more returned items when I expect to receive new. Sorry, I did not order 'As Is" or was on a waitlist. I am getting tired of this and I don't know why I should have to pay to return items people have sent back when I order a new or sale item. I just came back from the post office after sending back 2 boxes of returns that were sent to me. Can you put on my account "If you can't send me new, don't send at all" I have already told them that in CS. I may have to rethink ordering from QVC anymore. have already changed my mind about ordering items I want because I'm afraid that I will likely get a return. Sorry, would rather pass on used, bad smelling, hairy items. 

Respected Contributor

Re: STOP SENDING ME USED/RETURNS

I don't know if some people just have really bad luck, or if they buy things that are so different from me. In all my years of shopping QVC, and I buy a lot, I've never received a used item. Even including all the "As Is" and Waitlisted items I've bought. Not one "As Is" was a used or returned item.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 Me neither. And, in the years and years I've been ordering I have never received a used item, at least that I know of. If I did it wouldn't bother me unless it was defective in some way. I wash every apparel item prior to even trying on so it's no big deal if someone else tried it on and it didn't work.

I've never received any gadgets or decor items that appeared used. But, I will say I have no problem purchasing As Is items. The problem with those are they aren't that much cheaper. In fact, sometimes the As Is item is more expensive than the "new" item. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AzRUSHmom -  I get returns all of the time, even when I order something new right after it's presented. If it is clothes, I will wash the item before I try it.

The worst experience I had was years ago. We used to get an "Insider" magazine, and we could order TSV's ahead of time. I had a special trip coming up, and ordered the perfect handbag that was going to be the TSV. It came. Remember, no one had seen this presented yet. It was a "return," and there was a big pen mark on the front of the bag. I called, and CS was great about taking care of exchanging it for a brand new one, but I didn't have it for my trip.  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@AzRUSHmom   You need to get your facts straight before blast some store. 

First, every retailer in the country puts returns out for resale if they're in good condition, which QVC's happen to be.  I personally gotten dozens of them and have never received one that wasn't in pristine condition.

If you got "as is" items, it was because you deliberately selected them and read a disclaimer when ordering.

You'd have to order an extraordinary quantity to get two boxes of returns to send back in the last 30 days. I'd guess about 1 out of 20 items shipped are returns.  How big were those boxes you sent back?  Your post is full of gross exaggeration. 

It does indeed sound as though you need to rethink shopping at QVC.  If you're so dissatisfied, why would you continue shopping here?

QVC doesn't have personal shoppers that cater to customer whims.  Perhaps you might try Neiman Marcus. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I've gotten used items quite a few times. I got clothing that was worn, stained & sent to me rolled up in a ball. I called CS each time & was able to send the items back for either a refund or exchange. I never had to pay for those returns, QVC covered all shipping charges.

Honored Contributor

@AzRUSHmom Your post is so full of exaggerations it's not even funny.

Shop elsewhere and get your facts straight.

Honored Contributor

It is rare that I return items, so I've washed clothes that were customer returns and kept them. I truly think all returns should be labeled 'as is' and priced accordingly. Saying one in twenty clothing items had been worn is probably an accurate ratio.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I've gotten used items quite a few times. I got clothing that was worn, stained & sent to me rolled up in a ball. I called CS each time & was able to send the items back for either a refund or exchange. I never had to pay for those returns, QVC covered all shipping charges.

@NicksmomESQ    Funny how, some big shoppers have never received an unsatisfactory return and others claim to get many of them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@NicksmomESQ    Funny how, some big shoppers have never received an unsatisfactory return and others claim to get many of them. 

@Kachina624  Funny,just because something hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others.Luck of the draw I guess.🤷‍♀️