Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I rarely write reviews unless something is either magnificent or a dismal failure. I don't think I have ever looked to see if any of the few I've written have been published.  It isn't an ego trip for me either way.  I write them mainly so that someone at the Q will read them and get the point I am trying to make about a product. I don't think my opinion or my thouhts on a product are really that important to anyone and I don't think I will change anyone's mind.  Just MHO.

@Perkup

The sentence I highlighted in your post, I strongly disagree with (in a good way!).

People who write detailed reviews, concentrate on the quality and performance of  a product, address any concerns with quality, workmanship, packaging, difference or similarities with other products from the same company or past purchases from the same line, in depth descriptions of colors, textures, any defects or any strengths of the product, really do assist people looking to buy a product. 

The reviews I find useless are the three word kind that simply say something like 'I love it' or 'sending it back'. 

Many people here look to reviews for some information about the product before purchasing. People who write as well as you do, and can address a subject with clarity and depth the way I've seen you post, have much to contribute to other customers (and QVC itself) in doing reviews. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Mominohio-

I wrote a negative one star review for that bell door hangar of Valeries (for many reasons).

My first review was never posted. I thought about it and thought I wonder if its because I mentioned  something in comparison or something aobut the box? I forget exactly what but I wrote it again just focusing on the product and why I didn't like IT. And that was posted-one star review and all. As were others that were just as negative with a one star.

What I don't like is when they present a "new" product which is not really new just a different color or configuration, like one more detail so they remove all previous reviews (which makes me think they weren't too good to begin with!)

Or removing something that sold out and not having any reviews for it just saying "sorry this has dol out and no longer available."

I wish they would tell us when a review is not accepted why it's not but maybe that takes too much time.

@on the bay

Agree! It might take too much time, I get that, but would be helpful if they at least kicked it back as refused, and we could try again. 

I could accept the fact that some of these things get lost in transition, but in the last year, I've had it happen several times, and I just suspect there is a possibility that something is up with that. 

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I wonder if the reviews go through a filter and are rejected if they have certain words.  Words other than swear words.

Yes the do. Not sure if it is done electronically or by human eyes, but they are 'reviewed'. I've written a lot of reviews here, and I generally know what to avoid (that might keep it from being approved), and that is why if it doesn't get published, I try again, but some times I'm trying three times and nothing happens. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Reviews...a concern

[ Edited ]

Frequently, I purchase items before they air as a TSV.  The item numbers are different when bought early.  The Insider publishes numbers that are good until the item airs. I have written reviews for my early purchases.  Some were 5 Stars and some were less positive.  My reviews are published under the early order number.  Then, they never show up when the date of the TSV occurs under a new item number.  I like to know what people think of an item before ordering.  Often, I have questions about the fit if it is a clothing purchase.  If it is an appliance for my kitchen, I want to know how it operates, ease of use, and the quality.  It seems that it would not be difficult to manage from an IT perspective, if the pre-purchase reviews are transferred to the new item number.  I would find it extremely helpful.  The result has been that I have chosen not to order several items because there were no reviews.  Of course, the item will be presented in a positive light when it airs as the TSV.  I want to know what real people who have purchased the item think before I buy it.

New Contributor

I came across this thread because I searched for posts on reviews.  I have been a Q shopper almost since the start.  About a year ago I noticed my reviews don’t get published.  As I like to see reviews regarding size, fit, etc. I try to share my opinion.  I have no idea why my reviews don’t get published.  I certainly have never been abusive or inappropriate.  Tried a number of ways to contact Q and finally decided if they don’t value my opinion, they don’t value my custom.  So, after 25 or more years and literally thousands of dollars it is time for me to shop elsewhere!