Honored Contributor

Re: Returning item with no return label !

@sarahpanda  I get virtually everything online from many sources.  I can't think of a single one, except QVC, from whom I've had an invoice included in the package.   It's just not being done in the industry any longer.

I often don't get invoices from QVC when the item is shipped from the Ontario, CA. Warehouse.   The past few weeks even they have been including them, although they're illegible.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Like others, I'd LIKE it if they would just provide the return label but since it seems to be the new way of doing business and does reduce paper, I'm learning to live with the new way retailers are working.

Most of the time if I go to the start a return or exchange section on my order, it will give me the option of either producing a paper label and printing it or providing a QR code so I can take the package and drop it off. These days I find I opt for the QR code most often.  Works at the post office or at UPS (thankfully I have a UPS store close by).

I understand it can be frustrating. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Can't explain but I get a Label with

EVERY PURCHASE....beauty...household items and  even food

which can not be returned.

@fthunt  DITTO! 

I wonder if people are trashing them in error and/or its a regional thing.

The labels are either inside the boxes or inside the clear plastic that some clothing items come in I find.  The labels use to be inside a plastic sticky cover on the outside of the shipping  box.  Very easy to discard w/o notice.

I keep all my labels in a bag for 30 days "just in case" then I trash.   I've only used a return label once back in 2016.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac Wink back ..............

Good point.  If a bag = label inside

If a box = in that see -thru protector & stuck to outside of box

Don't want trash guys to have all that info about me so..........I hunt the paperwork down.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I get return labels and sometimes I don't.  Do you think they are "testing" the idea of not including return labels to see if there is backlash or a problem?  It just seems like they either don't know what they are doing or they are just a mess all together.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I seem to be getting packing/shipping slips more often than not with my orders now.

However, some--probably half--do not have the return label information on them.  So I still have to go online to get return information if necessary.  It seems to me if they're going to the trouble of including a shipping slip, why not print out the other side with a return label like they used to?

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

QVC:  I have been a free spending customer of yours for 30 years.  It's been a good run- paid my bill in full every month.  I've been one of your best customers, I'm sure.  But now that you are not sending out return labels in the items that I receive - which makes me have to jump through hoops online and print out my own, I am getting a bad taste in my mouth for QVC. It's to much trouble...Amazon is quick and easy.   Therefore - I'll be ordering less and less from you.

@sarahpanda 

what makes amazon quick and easy? with QVC you can also get the QR CODE to scan and then take to UPS or USPS where they will print out a label for you.....just like AMAZON.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If I have to return anything (today it was a couple of LL Bean shirts a little small for husband) I immediately go online and fill in the online return form if there is one and print a label.

Sometimes I get my refund as soon as the item is scanned, and the retailer and I know where it is and that it has been sent when it is scanned.  Easy easy easy!  

If you shop online, you need a printer, even an inexpensive one.  Everyone online pretty much has to have a printer. 

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50  Well said regarding Kachina624 not reading  your post !  Why aggravate yourself Kachina624 - if you know what she's going to say?!?

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I don't get return labels from Amazon - yet the return process is much easier and the refund is pretty near instant when I make my return at the UPS store.