Occasional Contributor

I just contacted CS about a defective (broken) item I received.  It was an "As Is" set of 3 decorative birds by Valerie H218560. The item is no longer available.  The as is item stated it was eligible for QVC's standard return policy, which I've always known to be if QVC sent me a broken/defective item, I could return it without incurring shipping and handling fees.  Since the item is no longer available, I can only return it, not exchange it.

The CS agent told me that I have to pay $6.95 to return the broken item. When did QVC start making the customers pay for their mistake?  The broken piece (tail) wasn't even in the plastic bag with the bird (it was in the bottom of the box), so it was like that when QVC shipped it out. 

I need to know if QVC's policy has changed to make the customer pay for shipping (both ways) for a defective/broken item as that will end my shopping at QVC.  I can't believe that QVC is going to make the customer pay for shipping costs for merchandise that never should have been shipped out to begin with. And if that's not true, then QVC needs to educate the CS agents.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Returning Defective Items

@dimplesnwinks 

My apologies - customers do not pay to return defective items including As Is items. What is the item please and will mark the return correctly.

Beth QVC

Occasional Contributor

Beth, thank you for the quick reply.  I think the CS agent marked the item in my order history, but she told me it was a one-time thing and that I had to pay shipping for defective returns. 

The item number is H218560.  I appreciate you checking on this.

QVC Customer Care

@dimplesnwinks 

I made the proper notations onthe file. If the warehouse confuses this, please let me know and I will make a manual adjustment.

Beth QVC

Occasional Contributor

Thank you!!!

Respected Contributor

@dimplesnwinks I never had that happened. There must be some one giving you the wrong answer.Try again with some one else.Or ask for the supervisor. Keep your chin up. It will be okay.

Respected Contributor

@dimplesnwinks If you haven't returned it yet maybe you can get a discount on the ones that aren't broke and keep the others since they are out of the birds. It worth a try.Happy Holidays .Heart Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou From the posts from QVC to the OP I think the problem has been taken care of!