Esteemed Contributor

Received Someone else's order

[ Edited ]

I had ordered the breezes TSV in black. Today, I received a D&C active shirt. They are out of stock in my color and size. I live in Colorado and the customer is located in PA. The label was my name but the invoice was for someone else. I called CS and notified them. I will be sending the shirt back. Hopefully, the other customer will not be charged for the return fee. I to!d the CS the customer should be informed. It is 6 degrees in Colorado, I am not going to the Post Office until the weather clears up.  I just don't get it.  I was told I would get a credit. 

Update: I was looking at the order and found the return tracking is coming from AZ. What is happening in their shipping department??

Honored Contributor

Re: Received Someone else's order

@elated.   That has happened to me twice.  Package up the shirt using the Q label, then either hand it to your carrier or go to the USPS website and request a pick-up.  They'll come and get it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

A few months ago I received someone else's clothes.

I opened the white QVC bag and it didn't look familiar at all.  Then I saw it was a size SMALL.  The last time I was a small was before my 44 year old daughter was born!

Then I saw it was Logo.  I don't care for Logo so I knew it wasn't mine.

I looked at the address and it was someone a few miles down the road from me.

I called her and told her I'd be happy to bring it to her.  She agreed....long story short...I met a wonderful lady.  A widow like myself.  We had a lot in common.

It made for a very nice day.

Valued Contributor

I also received a QVC package of somebody else's item.  It was clothing and I called customer service who told me to use the return label and send it back to QVC, which I did.  I don't know how this happens, but it was a first for me with any company.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@elated.   That has happened to me twice.  Package up the shirt using the Q label, then either hand it to your carrier or go to the USPS website and request a pick-up.  They'll come and get it.

Thank you. I scheduled a pick up for tomorrow. The weather is terrib!e.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I had ordered the breezes TSV in black. Today, I received a D&C active shirt. They are out of stock in my color and size. I live in Colorado and the customer is located in PA. The label was my name but the invoice was for someone else. I called CS and notified them. I will be sending the shirt back. Hopefully, the other customer will not be charged for the return fee. I to!d the CS the customer should be informed. It is 6 degrees in Colorado, I am not going to the Post Office until the weather clears up.  I just don't get it.  I was told I would get a credit. 

@elated . Depending on where you live you can to go USPS.com and schedule a mail carrier pick up.  It's easy to do and they usually will come right up to your porch or front door without bothering you to pick up the package.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered two potted trees. I received one long box with a tree and a very heavy huge box that the UPS man kindly took off my steps and put in my garage.

inside was a huge garden sheep!  I fell and hurt my knee and can’t lift the box. Did as instructed after two calls to customer service pushed it to my front walk twisting my knee again.

The invoice wasn’t for the sheep but for my tree. 

The sheep is still sitting in its box with( a note included )since the postal service didn’t pick it up today. I called again and she requested a pick up for tomorrow. I explained that my knee hurts and I can’t move the huge box inside in case it rains, and I can’t be home all the time waiting for pick up . (I got mail today & no pickup.)

This has never happened in about 20 years. I’m hearing disabled and have to read captions on the phone so calling is hard for me.

I guess this is the new QVC!

Honored Contributor

Evidence right here QVC continues to slip.  Have had similar problems that interestingly never happened with other retailers.  

Honored Contributor

I worked for JCP Catalog back in its Hay Day. 

Wrong fill orders happened ALL the time.  Both on shipments direct to customers AND shipments sent to the store for customer pick up.

Order a pair of shoes, inside is a shower curtain.  Your name on the outside, another's invoice and item on the inside.

These warehouses stock THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of items.

They process HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of orders each day.

It isn't that QVC doesn't care!  Unfortunately, mistakes happen.  Human error, computer glitches, shipper mistakes....

This has happened to me with Amazon, JCP and Macy's as of recent.  Macy's couldn't even FIND the order at the store though I was texted it was in.

I'm so sorry your item is now out of stock.  Hopefully, it will be restocked.  Then you can call C/S and have them fill your order at the TSV price.

Contributor

Recenly in the past few months, I have received items that I did not order. The first two I received, I returned at my expense. One I returned as a "returned to sender" (unopened). Now, yesterday I received an IT Cosmetics kit. I know I did not order because I've had skin allergies to this line and I would never reorder it.  This is beginning to be a very expense problem for me with return fees. 

I've had to return clothing because of wrong size sent, or color because of such inconsistent sizing amounst the different brands. Also it's been sooo frusrating tracking reurns.