Respected Contributor

Re: REQUEST ENTITY TOO LARGE

I already complained to Customer Service.  Their answer:  I needed to use Google Chrome or some other program.  I already use Google Chrome.  I am tired of getting that message.  I generally get the message from using these Forums.   I think these Forums are a great selling and marketing tool for QVC.  I get a lot of valuable information as to sizing, products etc.  I also think it is fun to hear other people comments and advice about products.   This Forum is a total enhancement in a good way for QVC.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yup.  It will never be addressed or fixed. They do not care.

I don't think that is the problem at all. I think the problem is the IT dept. itself if you know what I mean. 

@proudlyfromNJ    YUP. FIRE THEM

Valued Contributor

It was fine for a couple of days and now it's worse then before. I was able to sign in but got the message when I tried to post or click on a forum.   Two hours later I'm able to post

Esteemed Contributor

It keeps happening to me too. I clear my cache and its fine for a day then right back again. I cannot keep clearin my cache of things that are important to me just to accommodate QVC's poor IT.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

I use google chrome and have this proble.  Ridiculous that they can't fix it

Esteemed Contributor

My 2 cents:  If you use an Apple product, clear the cache frequently and save passwords in the keychain.

Keep up with the latest iOS updates as they often include security patches and partitions against intrusions that sometimes morph in as cookies.  Don't allow them in, in your settings, if you don't want them.  Or, allow them in, attempt to use "safe" sites, and clear them often.  Make sure your security settings are where you want them.

I remember learning to use the "beta" windows and the first mouse and built in modem.  Systems have become much more sophisticated but so have the hackers.

This may, or may not, help.  These are just good practices, in my book.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I don’t think IT can fix this because they have not identified the cause.

I just wish QVC would stop telling people to delete cookies and change browsers, as though community users are somehow at fault and this will fix the problem.

It’s not us QVC; It’s you.

Esteemed Contributor

Still happening to me................only when signing in to respond to community posts.....then i have to leave QVC website and sign in to community again and then sign in again to respond to a post....then it lets me in 

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

My 2 cents:  If you use an Apple product, clear the cache frequently and save passwords in the keychain.

Keep up with the latest iOS updates as they often include security patches and partitions against intrusions that sometimes morph in as cookies.  Don't allow them in, in your settings, if you don't want them.  Or, allow them in, attempt to use "safe" sites, and clear them often.  Make sure your security settings are where you want them.

I remember learning to use the "beta" windows and the first mouse and built in modem.  Systems have become much more sophisticated but so have the hackers.

This may, or may not, help.  These are just good practices, in my book.

@Sweetbay magnolia   This only happens here on this website.   No other website gives me any problems.....Why should someone have to go through ALL THAT just to navigate QVC?

Honored Contributor

It has gone from a simple annoyance to complete failure for me.  I DO use Chrome, and now I can't get into the forums at all.  If I do manage to get into the forum, as soon as I click on anything I get that message again and can go nowhere.

I was able to get in to post this message via Firefox, but Firefox had a tendency to crash on me which was why I changed over to Chrome, so I have no intention of changing back.  You know, it's like when I change the channel during a program; I might not make it back.