Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

Queston on a shipped item without a tracking number

I called customer service about this.  An item I purchased doesn't have a tracking number.  I have to assume it was shipped.  Is there any way a tracking number can be located?

Respected Contributor

Re: Queston on a shipped item without a tracking number

If it does not have a tracking number then I would never assume it's been shipped.

Honored Contributor

@songbird    What makes you assume it shipped?  Is there movement?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @Etoile308  It says shipped.  But after calling customer service (again) now says it was not picked up to be shipped.  Why I get a different answer from Customer Service is a mystery to me.  Now I got a detailed answer. Apparently I'm not the ony one (so the Cust Service person says this has happened.  They are expecting a response from (UPS  I assume) to come and pick up the item to be delivered to me.  ESD is 12/23

This has never happened to me in all the years at QVC.  Once they pick it up, then I get a tracking number. Duh! It was the fact it's stated as shipped that is misleading

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@songbird    I've had that happen several times and wondered if that was your problem when I asked.  Inexplicably, sometimes they never get picked up and just disappear.  I hope that is not true in your case.

If nothing happens in a day or two, I'd ask the mods to reship a replacement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@songbird    I've had that happen several times and wondered if that was your problem when I asked.  Inexplicably, sometimes they never get picked up and just disappear.  I hope that is not true in your case.

If nothing happens in a day or two, I'd ask the mods to reship a replacement.

I've had something like this happen from Amazon.  In that case a tracking number was issued, but FedEX lost the package. Of course I  I never received.   I think I know how it  it usually works is:  You purchase something on line.  It's set aside to be shipped.  They send an electronic ticket to UPS, etc to come and pick it up. Once they do, they created a tracking number.  In this case, QVC set it aside (they say "shipped"), issued a ticket (they have a record of the ticket) but for some reason no one came to pick it up.  I think that's what happend. I'll just wait.  I don't want duplicate items appearing in my house that I'll have to return.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird 

Many times I have had items say shipped and I don't get the tracking number until the next day.  I always figured it was on it's way to UPS. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

@songbird 

Many times I have had items say shipped and I don't get the tracking number until the next day.  I always figured it was on it's way to UPS. 

But in this case, it's been going on for several days.  Everytime I click on it to see the tracking, it directs me to Customer Service.  I just clicked on it now.  It directed me to customer service.

Honored Contributor

@songbird    I just hope it wasn't a Christmas gift and that it's not sold out.

Trusted Contributor

Had a problem on jewelry just in the last week. I received the email that the item had shipped.  When I went to check order status a few days later, there was no tracking number and a red message telling me to call CS. The representative with whom I spoke confirmed that there was no tracking number but to wait another day, call back, and report the problem. I guess there was a specific number of days I had to wait. Surprise! The next day my necklace was at my door. Thankfully, my item was for Valentine's Day, so I did not have to panic. Good luck with your order.