Contributor

I usually buy a new tracfone every year for me and my mother in law, but we prefer GSm (at&T) service. I am noticing there are none to choose from this year all CDMA ( Verizon) Is tracfone going to offer one on GSM this year?

QVC Customer Care

@bscandle wrote:

I usually buy a new tracfone every year for me and my mother in law, but we prefer GSm (at&T) service. I am noticing there are none to choose from this year all CDMA ( Verizon) Is tracfone going to offer one on GSM this year?

@bscandle

Unfortunately I do not see any new Tracfone Services being added by the end of the year.  I will be happy to share your interest with our Buyers. 

Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Tracfone

[ Edited ]

@bscandle

I saw Tracfone listed on Evine program guide. Don't remember which day. Also don't know if it will be GSM but I doubt it. As you said they have only had CDMA since Tracfone stopped the triple mins.

HSN has also had some Tracfones but no GSM???

I also have to use GSM in my area but Tracfone says they don't have service in my area. LOL!!! The only phone we have ever used is Tracfone so I don't know how they think they don't have service in my area???

Their service area map of the US is practically all of the US.

I may have to buy a CDMA phone plus buy a BYOP from Tracfone to continue using a Tracfone. I cannot get this answer from Tracfone or anyone else.

Frequent Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@bscandle

I saw Tracfone listed on Evine program guide. Don't remember which day. Also don't know if it will be GSM but I doubt it. As you said they have only had CDMA since Tracfone stopped the triple mins.

HSN has also had some Tracfones but no GSM???

I also have to use GSM in my area but Tracfone says they don't have service in my area. LOL!!! The only phone we have ever used is Tracfone so I don't know how they think they don't have service in my area???

Their service area map of the US is practically all of the US.

I may have to buy a CDMA phone plus buy a BYOP from Tracfone to continue using a Tracfone. I cannot get this answer from Tracfone or anyone else.

That's strange.. I have been with tracfone since 2000 with the same phone number no doubt.Woman Happy Been through many changes over the years but I am also on GSM (ATT) without any problems. I am on the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program though. This might be an option for the OP..😉

Contributor

I sure hope they are not going all cdma, i will have to change if my phone dies.I bought one of the cheap cdma ones and going to try to transfer the minutes . the cdma ones are a hassle to set up too... i have to call tracfone it keeps telling me i have no minutes. I have saved so much money i do not want that to stop!!