Honored Contributor

Re: Quality Control?????

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids@Kachina624 , @Caaareful Shopper,

The OP chose "Symbol" from the drop down "Font Family" menu here on the forums, or perhaps on her browser.

You can see the chosen font by looking at the HTML when you quote a post

(see my example screenshot)

and you can see that she typed in English.

There are examples of the various font faces online, interesting to see how some of them look. 

These fonts sometimes display differently from one device, operating system, or browser to another, depending upon how those devices or software translate the font face.

To some it would look like our normal character sets, to others it might look like a foreign language. 😊

1D86FBAD-F924-4EDB-B9F4-60478113632C.jpeg

The OP hasn't edited her post...  there would be an "Edited" notation if she had done so.

Hope that makes sense. 😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper    @Love my grandkids   I'm seeing a perfectly normal post in good English.  Maybe the force is with us? 

@dooBdoo   How do you explain two people see a foreign language and I see plain English?  Or all we all crazy? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

It looks like it's Greek and not Cylillic to me. Greek alphabet has the Omega sign and Russian doesn't. Also Greek has the "pitch fork" and double "pi" letter. I don't see them in Russian/Cyrillic alphabet either.

Anyway, doesn't matterWoman LOL It was just fun to research that out. Learning is a daily process that I enjoy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper    @Love my grandkids   I'm seeing a perfectly normal post in good English.  Maybe the force is with us? 

@dooBdoo   How do you explain two people see a foreign language and I see plain English?  Or all we all crazy? 

@Kachina624,

It is typed in English, not another language - these unusual font family/font faces just use different character sets and will

look different  based on how our device, browser, or operating system translates the HTML.  

Posters' devices are displaying the characters differently, but it's not a foreign language.

(See examples of the "Symbol" font face with an online search.)

That's why it's usually best to go with the more common fonts here on the forums. 😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper   @Queen of shop @Love my grandkids

Can somebody do a screenshot and post what you're seeing?

Here's mine. 

Screenshot_20230322_160925_Chrome.jpg

Trusted Contributor

What happened to QVC's quality control? I returned a pair of jeans that were the wrong size and color. I asked to exchange them for the right size and color. Well instead, they refunded my money.  So I ordered them again and they sent me the wrong size and co!or again. I called customer service and they were not helpful at all.

@Kachina624 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I can't believe that your name also posted in Greek. LOLWoman Very Happy What is happening???

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Queen of shop

You quoted the OP, then added the "@Kachina524" within her OP, so everything in your post is being displayed in the "symbol" font face.

Here's your post quoted in HTML (with my red highlight and a couple of spaces added in so you can see it):

< blockquote><hr /><li-user login="Queen of shop" uid="274049"></li-user>&nbsp;wrote:<br />
<p><font face="symbol">What happened to QVC's quality control? I returned a pair of jeans that were the wrong size and color. I asked to exchange them for the right size and color. Well instead, they refunded my money.&nbsp; So I ordered them again and they sent me the wrong size and co!or again. I called customer service and they were not helpful at all.</font></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><font face="symbol"><li-user login="Kachina624" uid="35228"></li-user>&nbsp;</font></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<hr /></blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p  >

Honored Contributor

Beth-QVC. HELP!  READ THIS THREAD

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo  Ah, I see. Thank you.