Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Beth-QVC. HELP!  READ THIS THREAD

@Kachina624...

This has happened many times before, when posters choose the more uncommon unusual font families. 

It's not a software or website glitch -- it's a common problem on many sites.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Re: Quality Control?????

[ Edited ]

I'm using an iPad and see a perfectly written post in English.   Sometimes emojis will come up in code rather than pictures depending on the receivers' end view.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Queen of shop wrote:

@dooBdoo  Ah, I see. Thank you.

You're welcome, @Queen of shop!😊

I've spent most of my life in IT support/management/design/whatever-else-is-needed 😉🙃

and I've seen this issue crop up from time to time.

A comment in general -- to put it simply, when we choose one of the options under the "Font Family" menu, then this website translates each character -- letter, number, punctuation -- to display on the screen.

Then, our device's software translates how it looks to us.  

Unicode is standardized for the most part, but doesn't always translate the way we wanted.

A few of the font families, such as Symbol, Webdings, and Wingdings have the potential to translate into surprisingly unexpected Unicode characters and symbols.🙃😜😉  

Choosing those more unusual options can turn into wacky translations and display oddly.

Even our choice of font size doesn't look the same from one device to another -- what one poster finds to be extremely tiny tiny tiny or hugely huge huge might look like a normal size to another.  

The colors and emojis can look different, too.

Any time a post looks illegible or strange, just quote it, then click/tap "HTML" above your dialogue box, and look at things such as the font face for clues to what the problem might be. 

(It also will display the text size, color, that kind of thing.)

Hope that's helpful!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo    Yes, I've seen what you printed before but was under the impression they couldn't read anything in the post.  That's why I asked them to post a screen print. 

Why didn't I see what you posted? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dooBdoo    Yes, I've seen what you printed before but was under the impression they couldn't read anything in the post.  That's why I asked them to post a screen print. 

Why didn't I see what you posted? 

@Kachina624

If you'll quote the original OP's post, then click "HTML" above the dialogue box, you'll see the same thing I posted in my screenshot.

Respected Contributor

Well, "it's all Greek to me!"   Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shirlhoot wrote:

What happened to QVC's quality control? I returned a pair of jeans that were the wrong size and color. I asked to exchange them for the right size and color. Well instead, they refunded my money.  So I ordered them again and they sent me the wrong size and co!or again. I called customer service and they were not helpful at all.

@Shirlhoot,

If you haven't already done so, try sending an email message to the QVC Social Team with all of the details of your experience.

The email address they post for us to use is:

QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com

Best wishes to you in working this out!🌻

Honored Contributor

Whatever language is used (LOL), the OP could have avoided the issue had she emailed EZ Returns to have an exchange done.

The returns dept can't seem to handle exchanges, but EZ returns will respond in a couple days and resend the exchange out before they even get back the return.

Always works for me!!

Honored Contributor

Thought this was about QC.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Whatever language is used (LOL), the OP could have avoided the issue had she emailed EZ Returns to have an exchange done.

The returns dept can't seem to handle exchanges, but EZ returns will respond in a couple days and resend the exchange out before they even get back the return.

Always works for me!!

This didn't work for me - it took the EZ Return team over a week to respond to me and by then both of the items I had returned were no longer available.