Honored Contributor

I don't care who reaps the gravy as long as I don't have to pay sales tax

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

ou pay tax with any oRe: pleRe: QVC bought HSN

[ Edited ]

You're charged tax with on line retailers if they have any  presence in your state.  Even if it's a minimal presence! Those are the tax laws ..... unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

Sage04 wrote:

Why are people still saying that QVC bought HSN? As far as I read, (I will use two words, hope I don't offend anyone) they were adopted by Liberty. Liberty is making the decisions, not QVC.  Liberty is their daddy. That's my take on it, I could be wrong.

I know, right?  I keep seeing that here when it's just not true.    Every single time the actual correct information is posted and people just ignore it.  *sigh*

You are right, Sage.  The company that owns QVC also owns either a part of or the entirety of hsn.    It's just that simple, as has been stated over and over here.

Valued Contributor

Whether owned by Liberty or not, if HSN continues to not ship from or have a call center in your state you will not be charged tax

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC bought HSN

[ Edited ]

@SharkE  Oh, if it was only 8.25%.....  I pay 9.5% sales tax here in California.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Horrible, isn't it ?

Seems like there is one state that is like 12-14%. New Mexico, maybe ?

I can't recall.

I'm from Ind. used to be 6%, but, think it's 7 now.

Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@SharkE  Oh, if it was only 8.25%.....  I pay 9.5% sales tax here in California.

Holy cow, I pay 7% in Florida.  Thats awful what they are taxing both of you.  We are being taxed to death!

Honored Contributor

Tx. doesn't have State income tax, though. Which is fine if your still working.

They know how to hand out the pain from state to state. Property tax is high down here, but, once you hit 65 it's froze. So, that's a positive. If they don't have one tax they make it up on the other.

We have to have our cars inspected yearly too. Fees there.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope all that "Free Shipping" won't go away.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

My item has been in "packaging" now for 3 days. Must take a lot of paper