Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Web Site Tech Problems?

@Lyttlewyng  I use Chrome, and it always shows this site as "not secure" (doesn't happen with the other sites I visit).  A couple days ago when I was logging in to these boards, another site popped up on my screen.  Ever since then that has continued to happen (a new window keeps popping up on my screen), and there now is a security message at the top of the page that says "this page is trying to load scripts from unauthorized sources."  There definitely is a problem with this website, and I'm afraid someone can hack into our accounts here.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Lyttlewyng  I use Chrome, and it always shows this site as "not secure" (doesn't happen with the other sites I visit).  A couple days ago when I was logging in to these boards, another site popped up on my screen.  Ever since then that has continued to happen (a new window keeps popping up on my screen), and there now is a security message at the top of the page that says "this page is trying to load scripts from unauthorized sources."  There definitely is a problem with this website, and I'm afraid someone can hack into our accounts here.

Agree, security is always a concern. 

I did have a Windows update overnight (not sure what the update was about) and today I noticed in the QVC url address bar right before the https://, the little padlock icon is now GREEN.  Clicking on it, it now says:

community.qvc.com

Secure Connection

! Firefox has blocked parts of this page that are not secure.

That statement is now new to me.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Trusted Contributor

I discovered late last night that I could not proceed with an online order if I tried to choose "CHECKOUT" from my shopping cart, but I COULD proceed if I chose "SPEEDBUY".    The Speedbuy option bypasses any choices regarding payment type or EasyPay options, so you can go in and edit the order once it's placed if you don't want your default payment method.   I hope they fix this soon.

I am also on Firefox, Win10. 

Valued Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

I discovered late last night that I could not proceed with an online order if I tried to choose "CHECKOUT" from my shopping cart, but I COULD proceed if I chose "SPEEDBUY".    The Speedbuy option bypasses any choices regarding payment type or EasyPay options, so you can go in and edit the order once it's placed if you don't want your default payment method.   I hope they fix this soon.

I am also on Firefox, Win10. 

Thank you @SarahW  for posting your similar problem with checkout issues as I have had all day.  I did discover the Speedbuy option and it helps if a quick checkout is the option, however, I hope the main problem is quickly resolved. 

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Contributor

Can't get on QVC.com website at all. Says invalid url. Cleaned cookies, cache & history. Rebooted. All other websites work fine, so it'sdefinitely a QVC.com tech issue. Using Chrome on a galaxy s5 phone. I'm saving money too, lol.