Contributor

Hi, I purchased J356837 these earrings a few days ago at $29.98 and today they are $24.98. I have not received the earrings yet. I called customer service this morning for a price adjustment. They took $2.09 off vs $5.00 because I bought them with free shipping and shipping is now $3.00. Why should the shipping costs effect the price change/reduction? You're not advertising them at $27.98. This is such a small amount of money,but it really upsets me that QVC is doing this to a long time customer. It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I believe that any other merchandiser would have knocked off the full $5.00. Shame on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@jojoroI wonder if "any other company" would actually return more -  you bought those earrings on another kind of promotion and I do know at least 2 companies I deal with that would not return any more than QVC did for you.  Once you buy on a special promotion which is what QVC's free shipping hours are, you already had $3 returned to you!

Esteemed Contributor

They are giving you the new reduced price.  Why would they give you MORE off than what is being offered now?

I don't see what your complaint is.  You are being refunded the difference in what you paid and what is being offered now.

You are trying to snag two specials - free shipping and the reduced price. 

QVC did the right and fair thing. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Contributor

I disagree with your replies to my complaint. Pricing and shipping are two different items in retail. I can walk into a Target and purchase a sweater for $30. I can order that same sweater online for $30 and pay an additional  shipping charge. If the price of the sweater drops  to $25 and I request a price adjustment, I expect to get back $5.00 for the drop in price. QVC offered the earrings for $29.98 and I purchased them. They did have a sitewide free shipping promotion going on at the same time. However, today the earrings are on clearance for $24.98. I don't see how or why shipping has anything to do with it. Shipping is an extra charge that sometimes you pay and sometimes you don't, and sometimes you order expedited overnight for an extra cost, but no matter what, it has nothing to do with the listed price of the product. In my case, the advertised price went down by $5 and QVC should have honored it. 

QVC Customer Care

@jojoro wrote:

Hi, I purchased J356837 these earrings a few days ago at $29.98 and today they are $24.98. I have not received the earrings yet. I called customer service this morning for a price adjustment. They took $2.09 off vs $5.00 because I bought them with free shipping and shipping is now $3.00. Why should the shipping costs effect the price change/reduction? You're not advertising them at $27.98. This is such a small amount of money,but it really upsets me that QVC is doing this to a long time customer. It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I believe that any other merchandiser would have knocked off the full $5.00. Shame on QVC.

@jojoro  Hi, I took at look at the order for you to determine exactly what happened.  The way we figure the price difference is by taking the amount that was paid on that day and subtract the price if you purchased them today.  You paid $31.75, if you were to purchase them today the price would be $29.66 which is a difference of $2.09.  I hope that helps.  I apologize for any inconvenience.  

Melvin, Customer Care

Contributor

Re: Price deduction

[ Edited ]

Thank you for responding, Melvin, but I still disagree with your practice. You're not advertising the price as $29.66. You're advertising the price as $24.98. I do realize that there is an extra shipping charge involved, but that shouldn't even matter in my case. My item has already been shipped. I am just asking for a price adjustment on the product. I'm not asking you to reship. The amount is miniscule, and I don't even care about it anymore, but I believe that this is a shady business practice by QVC. That's all. QVC wants it both ways. If the shipping cost ever mattered in the price as you say, then everytime you run a free shipping day, your customers should be able to get a price adjustment on all the shipping charges they had paid in the year prior! Because when you run a free shipping day, the items I purchased prior are "now at a lower price" as you  use this explanation in the case of my earrings now being $29.66 today --$24.98 plus shipping. Bad practice!

Respected Contributor

Re: Price deduction

[ Edited ]

@jojoro wrote:

Thank you for responding, Melvin, but I still disagree with your practice. You're not advertising the price as $29.66. You're advertising the price as $24.98. I do realize that there is an extra shipping charge involved, but that shouldn't even matter in my case. My item has already been shipped. I am just asking for a price adjustment on the product. I'm not asking you to reship. The amount is miniscule, and I don't even care about it anymore, but I believe that this is a shady business practice by QVC. That's all. QVC wants it both ways. If the shipping cost ever mattered in the price as you say, then everytime you run a free shipping day, your customers should be able to get a price adjustment on all the shipping charges they had paid in the year prior! Because when you run a free shipping day, the items I purchased prior are "now at a lower price" as you  use this explanation in the case of my earrings now being $29.66 today --$24.98 plus shipping. Bad practice!

@jojoro, you want it both ways, too. You want the free shipping that was offered one day and the reduced price offered another day.