Frequent Contributor

Preparing your order vs In Process

I notice some of orders show Preparing your Order and others show in process.

What is the difference ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Preparing your order vs In Process

Same thing.  " preparing your order" sounds more personal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Same thing.  " preparing your order" sounds more personal.

@Kachina624    Yup.....just like "hotel-speak".    NOTHING is ever wrong, broken, dirty, missing, slow, mistaken, etc.    There's a whole "second language" that supercedes such unacceptable words...........    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@CathyNY - We actually talked about this on another thread. As I understood it then, "in process" comes before "preparing your order." That is the last step before your order ships.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Preparing your order sounds as if it is still in the factory.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ConsumReporter wrote:

Preparing your order sounds as if it is still in the factory.

Based on the number of days it takes them to prepare some orders, I think it might be.

Valued Contributor

@CathyNY   I emailed the QVC Social Team after my order was sitting at Preparing Your Order for several days.  They assured me it was being processed and would arrive "around" the estimated date (Nov 3).  It is still sitting at Preparing Your Order and the order was placed on October 25.  Clearly I will not be receiving it tomorrow. 

In Process and Preparing Your Order are two separate statuses.  The orders now go from In Process (which shows the estimated delivery date) to Preparing Your Order with no other info (but if you go to the detail page the estimated date still shows there).  So in my opinion, Preparing Your Order is a useless step.  Might show the CS people something behind the scenes but no help at all to the end user.  

Contributor

You may not get it. I had an item that six times kept going into preparing and then returned to backorder status. Called QVC and the Customer Service Rep. said he would send an email to the warehouse. Do not know whether he did or not but know that at some point the item was canceled by them. Now, the same thing has happened again. It will say preparing for shipment and then go to Backorder status. Hope you experience better luck. I am nearly giving up. 

Esteemed Contributor

I placed three orders over the past three days. Two said "in process" and one said "preparing your order". Will see how long "preparing your order" takes to ship. One "in process" shipped today.

I remember a Thread that mentioned "refund issued". That shows up when I go to order status but in a few seconds it goes away. What''s up with that?

Respected Contributor

r Re: Preparing your order vs In Process

I noticed I have several orders In process sitting. I changed an order to a different color and now it looks like I an getting  a duplicate order. The other didn't get canceled just changed and added another set to it.  I will have to return an item that had free shipping but I am sure won't be free going back.  I may keep and exchange for different co!or and save for gifts for my friends.  Pop sonic mirrors.  Too late to change.

Good idea to be ordering gifts early and don't know what a person is going to run into.    

I guess if I don't get I don't get.