Respected Contributor

how long does a item have to be in the preparing mode?I've had 1 item being prepared for 5 days.item is supposed to be delivered in 4 days.something doesn't add up.i know arrival dates are approximate, but this is ridiculous. When clothing stores allow you to try on,this is the way I will shop.sorry qvc

Honored Contributor

I think the "preparing your order" terminology is unfortunate as it makes it sound like shipment is imminent, when this is not necessarily the case.  It obviously means something to QVC and something else to us.  

Yes, by all means shop locally if you can find a store still open and stocked with merchandise. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   It depends on where it is shipped from.  Some things come from QVC's warehouses while others are shipped from the vendors.  Some vendors ship quickly while others take much longer.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

how long does a item have to be in the preparing mode?I've had 1 item being prepared for 5 days.item is supposed to be delivered in 4 days.something doesn't add up.i know arrival dates are approximate, but this is ridiculous. When clothing stores allow you to try on,this is the way I will shop.sorry qvc

@Luvsmyfam 

I commonly find orders still saying 'preparing to ship', then when the tracking shows up, it's almost to my destination.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

I have four items currently sitting in "preparing your order" since last week.  Three of the four items now show as sold old on the product page. I had another order that sat for a number of days in the "preparing your order" status and ended up going into backorder so I'm really hoping that's not what's going to happen with these other items.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Preparing order

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

--------

I've actually been impressed, with shipping times, lately. 

My latest order, did show, preparing your order, for three days, now it's due for delivery, on Thursday.  There's no reason, to be in a hurry, and I'm fine with that. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Order Placed" would make more sense than "Preparing Order."  The former would confirm that your order has been accepted while the latter seems to give the impression that they are already packing it up for shipment.  Wording matters.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Luvsmyfam 

I commonly find orders still saying 'preparing to ship', then when the tracking shows up, it's almost to my destination.

Shows that someone's asleep at the switch!  LOL!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm very frustrated that the orders I posted about earlier in the week are still sitting in preparing to ship (estimated delivery was today for one, tomorrow for the others).  I don't understand why I'm having such bad luck with all my orders from last week. 

Respected Contributor

Im right with u.i have had the very same situation. Very frustrating.im supposed to receive my order today.but still in preparing mode