Super Contributor

I'm astonished at the way this forum fiasco has been handled.  At the very least, an explanatory notice on the forum status during the lockout should have been prominently placed for your customer's knowledge.  It's frankly insulting and has compromised my trust in QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pardon your interruption

I really thought the Boards were shut down permanently...I think it's been a week...
Super Contributor

So did many of us @Nataliesgramma .  It's nice to see your post here.  

Honored Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

So did many of us @Nataliesgramma .  It's nice to see your post here.  

@Elodie2 

It's nice to see ANYBODY'S posts here .... what the heck happened?

Honored Contributor

@Elodie2,

Thank you, and I feel the same.

I began to feel that QVC never intended to be "diligently" working on fixing these forums, as one moderator put it.

And after calling one of the numerous numbers and speaking to a customer service person who denied knowing anything about this problem and suggesting it was the way I signed in or not or something,

I lost all respect for this company too. The emails to the "Social team, did not function either.

And yes it would have been sad to leave everyone this way.

I'll accept if they close these down but I would hope that they do it with a better way than the way some of their own employees have been let go.

I think they may have just not told any truths in this. What huge company encompassing Europe and others as well cannot fix something like this but also did you notice that no matter how many times you signed OUT of QVC.com, you were still signed in there but could not get into the forums?!

If no one could sign in to QVC.com and was prevented from ordering anything, I can bet that it wouldn't have taken a week to fix this.

Just really, I im again, so disappointed in a company I used to love and trust long ago.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I am so happy to be back! Thank you QVC!

THUMBS UP SMILEY FACE 2 by HAUNTERSDEPOT

Honored Contributor

I am not thanking the way they handled this at all. I am angry about this. It was a sad way to handle this entire shut down.

It would have been so sad to just abruptly leave this way especially since they had finally put a banner saying these forums would be here til next year. It has been a week of not being able to post for many. With no updates from QVC on this problem.

No acknowledgement. Just 2 posts days ago from moderator "working diligently."

I started wondering if they were not fixing them on purpose and maybe seeing how many orders they lost or something.Or just choosing not to say anything. But this seems to be how QVC handles many things, not just on the forums.

Still many couldn't keep signed out of QVC.com. So ordering was not a problem. I don't think that is a conicidence.

All this didn't need to happen this way.

It would be less upsetting if this company would just be more upfront about what's going on.

It is the way to treat your customers

with respect and as if they care about more than the amount of orders they can get from them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay   I agree with all you've noted here especially the fact that this company is an international sales/shopping company trying to make money and stay afloat.

Had this company been a huge financial establishment ie a savings & loan, a neighborhood bank, someone as mastercard or visa, a huge college or university, there would be NO WAY it would take them a full week before getting themselves up and running for the public again. I don't understand it, but yes I AM glad we who were lost in limbo-land AND there were many, still may be some who are still not back, some of us are back.

Trusted Contributor

Can you imagine if no one could place an order for a week!?

rolling.gif

Honored Contributor

I also emailed the Social Team, and suggested they add a banner explanation on the Forum explaining the outage, or at least acknowledging it to ease the confusion.  They emailed me back almost immediately-- about 20 minutes later.

The response was an apology, and the same statement they already gave here in one of the posts asking about the issue a few days ago.  But no mention of ever intending to post anything here about it.  Perhaps they didn't want to post something, and then IT has the forums back up 5 minutes later.