Esteemed Contributor

What I have done is "bookmark" the page I want to keep.  At least I know where it is when I want to look for the info!!

Honored Contributor

corita wrote:

What I have done is "bookmark" the page I want to keep.  At least I know where it is when I want to look for the info!!

@corita,  That can work in some cases, but many threads end up deleted or edited and the bookmarks might not lead us to the info we originally wanted to save.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

What am I missing here?  You just go to the response and print it.  That's all you have to do.  I just did it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@corita wrote:

@corita,  That can work in some cases, but many threads end up deleted or edited and the bookmarks might not lead us to the info we originally wanted to save.

-------------------

True...so far, so good with me. I usually bookmark a recipe or a name/description of an item!!!  

I want to thank you, dooBdoo.  I have learned much computer "stuff" from you, especially when the format and procedure for this forum changed!!   I am not computer savvy and really don't need to be in my life now.  Just want a computer that works, that saves my info and is safe!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Chrystaltree wrote:

What am I missing here?  You just go to the response and print it.  That's all you have to do.  I just did it.  

What you're missing, I guess, is the fact that people have questions and we don't all know which options are available.   It's always new info for someone.image.gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

corita wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

corita wrote:

-------------------

True...so far, so good with me. I usually bookmark a recipe or a name/description of an item!!!  

I want to thank you, dooBdoo.  I have learned much computer "stuff" from you, especially when the format and procedure for this forum changed!!   I am not computer savvy and really don't need to be in my life now.  Just want a computer that works, that saves my info and is safe!! Smiley Happy

What a lovely post, @corita!   Thanks, so much!   You put a huge smile on my face, and I really needed that today.   You're welcome.   I've learned an enormous amount, on scores of topics, from other posters so I try to offer info when I can and return the generous favor.   Thanks, again.   You're a sweetheart.❤️   Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo@Shanus  Actually, I'm just a tad confused.  I don't recall asking a question at all.  I just felt that my "solution" to the original question was pretty "low tech" for those who probably have a much simpler way to do the job.  Sorry.....didn't mean to insult anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PRINTING A REPLY?

[ Edited ]

The 'snipping tool' on my computer has become my best friend! 

Honored Contributor

Re: PRINTING A REPLY?

[ Edited ]

Krimpette wrote:

@dooBdoo@Shanus  Actually, I'm just a tad confused.  I don't recall asking a question at all.  I just felt that my "solution" to the original question was pretty "low tech" for those who probably have a much simpler way to do the job.  Sorry.....didn't mean to insult anyone.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, @Krimpette.   I'm the one who was confused and evidently I have the "reading comprehension" problem posters often like to point out.🙃   My apologies.   I edited my previous post.   And I want to add that your suggestion wasn't dumb -- not at all.❤️

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, @Shanus!   In addition to the helpful comments here, I wanted to add that there's a feature on the site that converts a thread to a more printer-friendly format.    

When you open a thread, just above the original post and to the right of the word "REPLY" there's a drop-down menu called "Topic Options."    One option is "Printer Friendly Page."   Or look at the 3-dot drop-down menu on each reply and choose "Print."  Once you switch to that, you can copy and paste  -- or you can use your browser's or computer's print option to print the page or create a document (which you can edit before printing).  

It's not an elegant format, but it does make it easier to get a copy in something closer to a plain text format.

@dooBdoo  Thanks for your help.