Esteemed Contributor

PLEASE change online video settings for pause

[ Edited ]

When watching online videos of item presentations, I sometimes want to pause the video to get a better look at the item details. The fact that the screen goes dark and a large arrow with "RESUME" appears in the middle of the screen makes it incredibly difficult to see what I need to see.

Can this be changed? Even if you could just omit the darkening effect, it would be extremely helpful.

This has been going on for at least several months, if not longer, but the videos were not always this way—I know I used to be able to view the paused details without any change in the lighting of the still image from the video.

QVC Customer Care

Re: PLEASE change online video display settings for pause

@loriqvc wrote:

When watching online videos of item presentations, I sometimes want to pause the video to get a better look at the item details. The fact that the screen goes dark and a large arrow with "RESUME" appears in the middle of the screen makes it incredibly difficult to see what I need to see.

Can this be changed? Even if you could just omit the darkening effect, it would be extremely helpful.

This has been going on for at least several months, if not longer, but the videos were not always this way—I know I used to be able to view the paused details without any change in the lighting of the still image from the video.

@loriqvc   Thank you for taking the time to post.  I will make sure to pass this along to the appropriate teams, no promises but qvc does listen to what our customers like/dislike and try to make things happen.

Keep your fingers crossed,

Susan Q-Social

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@loriqvc   Thank you for taking the time to post.  I will make sure to pass this along to the appropriate teams, no promises but qvc does listen to what our customers like/dislike and try to make things happen.

Keep your fingers crossed,

Susan Q-Social

@Susan-QVC - Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

I just wanted to push this request back to the top of the list for attention, if possible; now that QVC has started airing programs overnight with more new items rather than just recurring items, it would be VERY helpful to be able to focus on all the details in the presentations without that dark pause screen. Thanks!