Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE STOP USING POSTAL SERVICE

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

I think the only time UPS actually makes the delivery is for larger heavier items that USPS can't deliver.  I just had my OXO 3 fry pans delivered yesterday and it was by UPS.

@SaveTheTurtles   That's true ,  and also most food items .

I don't agree.....I have UPS delivery small items all the time!

Yesty, a tiny square box....day before a bra!

It just depends if they are going to be in my area or not.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I prefer USPS delivery.  I find my packages arrive timely and the bags are clean and not worn.  When they come UPS it is not any sooner and the packages are dirty, gritty and look like they have been run over by a truck.  

I prefer postman delivery.  Comes on my covered porch on a table or chair and arrives clean.

I went to the post office to drop off a return, ran into my postman and he said to just leave it by my mailbox for him to pick up and scan and save myself a trip to the post office loading dock.

@KathyM23 

Was it a QVC return?

You don't have to go to the PO at all.

Use the Q label (if it is designated for USPS and not UPS)

Schedule a Free USPS pick up online.

You get an email receipt of the request and another email when they have picked it up...all the proof you need of the return.

I have been doing it for a long time.

Respected Contributor

I'm just thankful that the packages get delivered to me, whatever means they find necessary. I've started getting even my Amazon purchases delivered via USPS. I have a wonderful delivery person through both USPS and UPS. The FedEx and Amazon drivers change all the time but the USPS and UPS drivers seem to remain the same for a while. I even had my UPS driver come up to me in the grocery store and introduce his children to me! I didn't recognize him without his uniform but he recognized me. With the delivery companies struggling, especially this time of year, I just hope I get my orders in any sort of timely manner. Hope you get your packages soon.

Valued Contributor

For me UPS is quicker, but sometimes the parcel looks like it's been runover by a truck )(another poster mentioned this too).  A package yesterday had actually had extra tape around it, because there was a huge rip in it.

But USPS can take forever to deliver packages.  Three times in the past couple months, I have had QVC deliveries take several days longer than normal when being delivered by USPS.  On the tracking system, it shows arriving in town and then nothing happens.  In fact, one showed having arrived and it didn't.  I contacted QVC and they sent a replacement. Four days after the replacement arrived, the original package arrived.  

Some of the smaller towns in our areas have post offices that are months behind in delivering packages.  

Respected Contributor

Pretty much everything I order from Q starts off with UPS and is transferrred to the PO. It does take a little longer and it doesn't matter how much I pay for the item.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23   that is my experience as well. UPS destroys packages.  I never have that problem with the post office.   I have had several packages delivered by UPS thst were even open and the sides bent and crushed 

Trusted Contributor

I prefer UPS...I have a package of the gourmet nuts that came UPS and then handed over to the US mail and its been sitting there for 3 days!!!!  I wish you had a choice I would pick UPS tor everything.   I've even had trouble with bill payments going to Philadelphia from Pittsburgh taking 2 weeks!

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

Wasn't there a time when you ciuld pay UPS to delivery your package all the way? I think it was a monthly fee or something like that.
Occasional Contributor

@Sage04 UPS has an upgrade called MyChoice. It will upgrade your packages to ground delivery for $20 a year. Worth it for me, as my local post office does not deliver. I have no mail, only a PO Box. If something does slip by the upgrade and ends up in my PO Box, UPS will tell me that the shipper (QVC) chose that. QVC will say it’s a UPS choice. Bane of my mail and shipping experiences for the 15 years that I have lived here. Oh, also, very small town, but if something only has my physical address w/o mentioning the box number, my tiny post office will send it back. They know me! Thanks for the rant!
Valued Contributor

My relationship with the US Postal Service is frayed, to say the least. If you follow the delivery info I've included below, you will see that they tried to deliver a QVC item on Saturday but said their was no access to delivery location (my house.) This has happened before and is not true. I am in a single family house on a regular city street, no gates, no passwords needed. I had a delivery the same Saturday from Amazon.

Then today I see my item was delivered to a place with a "front desk/reception/mail room." Where did my package go? USPS is "not sure." They'll "see if it turns up." This is the 4th time this year they've pulled this stunt. Previously I finally received two of the packages and the 3rd time I was credited by QVC. 

I won't even go into the regular mail problem on my street/route.

Delivered On

Monday, December 11 at 2:17 P.M. at FRONT DESK/RECEPTION/MAIL ROOM

Tracking Status

Delivered by Local Post Office

SHIPPING HISTORY

Hide Shipping History
  1. MONDAY, DECEMBER 11
    1. 2:17 PM | PHOENIX, AZ

Delivered

2. SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9
    1. 6:04 PM | PHOENIX, AZ

Delivery Attempted: No Access to Delivery Location