Honored Contributor

Re: Orders in Process

[ Edited ]

@LilyMom wrote:

Susan Louise, thank you for your response. I wish CS could be that helpful. 

Why on earth would a company make suge a huge change right before the busiest shopping season of the year? 

@LilyMom  If the time the process takes over a year to complete, it wouldn't matter what time of year they started since it would still effect the holiday season shipments.

It's not like they can start the process...stop in the middle of it and start again after the holidays.

Imagine for example the senerios I mentioned in my explaination. What if say in asile 6 in the warehouse there was 30 pallets. It would mean that those products on those pallets wait til after Christmas to get out of the temporary aisle-6 holding pattern...so to speak and finally be put in a 'home' location.

What if one of those products was for an order you placed? Would you be willing to wait several more weeks to get it? The relocation of products is done on a rotation basis so not all of the products are shipped slow at the same time. As others have mentioned in various shipping issue threads, they receive some products right away while others take a long time...and still others are only a bit slow on receiving them.

I'm just trying to give you some visuals to help you and anyone else to understand the process.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wave a magic wand like in Harry Potter and have every QVC product go to it's new/permanent location in the warehouse/s all at the same time?  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

That's simple..... they make more money the longer they can hold on to the merchandise you paid for🤷🏼‍♀️

one of the loudest signs of serious problems is the fact that you can't cancel an order while it's in process. This has been one of many of the Q's issues.  Not sure how many customers they plan on losing before turning the ship around. 
It's sad

Regular Contributor

....totally annoyed with delivery delays and inability to cancel soon after ordering. Most retailers take on additional holiday help to process the increased demand. Add inconsistent clothing  sizing, sizable increase in pricing (rarely free shipping), and products with poorer quality, I’m losing my patience.I ordered the D & C TSV 11/4...delivery is by 11/18...really? I need to rethink my habits.

Valued Contributor

I have ordered some items for Christmas and they are still in process & some I have received. But I will not order a present any time soon. When I look back at some of the "rants" this has been going on for over a year! It did get better for a little while. Then they had to mess with their computer & everything is taking longer. 

There are some people that know everything on these forums. All I can say is Karma does catch up with you!

Occasional Contributor
Today 2 of the 5 items I've had "in process" for 16 days now are now showing on back order.
Trusted Contributor
@LilyMom, wow, interesting how that could happen! See, this is a perfect example of why folks should be able to cancel their orders! Good luck and hope you receive them at some point!
Occasional Contributor

Today my status on the 2 now back ordered items has an edit option. When I clicked on it, there are 3 options. 1: Standard delivery by Nov 15 $0.00     2: Premium delivery by Nov 14 $3.50    3: Express delivery by Nov 13 $3.50.  

Since I paid shipping when I ordered these items, I called CS again. She said if I still wanted the items to do nothing but wait. She said they over sold these items and they are no longer available. There are some in warehouses but they are for other customers. IF any of these customers decide to cancel their orders I MIGHT still receive my items in 3 more weeks. I placed this order on Oct 23. The other 3 items are still listing as EDD of Nov 6 but she said her side is showing the 12th. Being tomorrow is Sunday and Monday a holiday, I'm sure they won't be here any time soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Orders in Process

[ Edited ]

I placed an order for Muk Luk slippers on 11/02 and they are still in process-----whatever that means???? Delivery date is 11/13??? This is ridiculous. I order from Macy's and Target and most orders are received in 3 or 4 days. I order very little from the Q due to slow shipping (must be using covered wagons) and returns/refunds that take at least a month to receive. 

Edit: After 9 days in processing, my order shipped today (11/11).  My EDD is 11/13. We shall see how that works!!!

Regular Contributor

@Aunt Kate wrote:

I called CS and asked them why my orders are now 5 to 7 days in process.  They apologized and said that they are experiencing large number of purchases (with all the XMas shopping going on) and are backed up.  They are working to resolve these issues.  What I don't like is that when you try to cancel because it's taking so long....you can't.  I think that is wrong that they can't get the orders out yet they say it can't be cancelled.  Why?  They should be able to pull it and cancel the order right up to it going out the door.  QVC should not charge shipping on these items and express mail the items and send an email explaining the delays in shipping.  Hope this is resolved before it gets closer to December!

Well said!  Add me to the probably millions of customers that ordered in October and still have orders In Process and expected to ship 11/8.  Well they're late!  Worst of all, I paid regular price, paid shipping and taxes on top of the item and the shipping.  This is awful customer service.  If I hadn't paid shipping I wouldn't be mad but I did.  It has been so long that I've seen those items on special pricing too when I paid regular QVC price.  Talk about frustrating!!!!  Called CS to see the status and was kept waiting for about 15 minutes and I hung up.  I guess I'm going back to amazon.  

Super Contributor

@Susan Louise I thank you for your breakdown of what happens to merchandise in warehouses, and the difficulty in managing that, especially when changes and moves are occurring. It's good to get an insider's perspective on how that process might be impacted. 

BUT...that's the cost of doing business for QVC. Where they went wrong was in not thinking of the huge impact on their customers.

When they lock up our orders and prevent us from canceling long delayed - delayed by their business decisions - orders with no explanation, no offers of expediting shipping or offers of discounts for our aggravation...then they're pretty much showing us, that we the customers really don't factor into the equation. We'll get our orders if and when they get processed. Period. 

I've been complaining about the slow process and never knew WHY things had slowed down to a crawl because QVC couldn't be bothered to either post a statement on the front page of their website, or send an email apologizing upfront on what's happening. I rarely come on the forums, but because I did today...I found out from you ladies what's happening. THEY as a company we're doing business with should have been the ones doing the explaining AND apologizing. I feel so sorry for their Customer Service people. They must HATE their jobs at this point.

So thank you ALL for the info you've provided. At least now I know the "why"...all that leaves is the "when". In all honesty, their arrogance has finally gotten to me...I placed my last orders with this company.

Thanks, again!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren