Frequent Contributor

On 2/14 I ordered two urns that were presented during a VPH show and was given a ship date. So last week I checked on the order status and it stated they will ship on 2/20. So I called customer service and asked why my order hasn't shipped and was told it was because of the weather. So today I check on the order status and it says Advanced Order, what the heck?  I have been a long time customer of QVC but if this kind of stuff continues I will not be shopping with them. Very dissappointed!

Honored Contributor

All VPH are imported.  There could be an issue getting them in.  It is possible it was an Advanced order and you missed that info.

If they are shipping from CA, that state is still heavily restricted and shut down. 

Warehouses are not able to ship as quickly as before.

What is the rush for an urn?  Not really a life sustaining item.

Honored Contributor

In his annual report to stockholders, CEO Mike George cited a shortage of shipping containers and lack of available docking facilities on the West Coast for delays in receiving goods from overseas.  Too bad he doesn't share this info with customers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@RespectLifeThere was no mention of the urns being an advanced order. I know it's not a life sustaining item but it should be shipped in a timely manner when it is being presented on air as available for purchase.

Honored Contributor

@mjabby 

Sometimes when I have ordered online, I didn't see Adv order info anywhere on the page at all, but later see it was mentioned on air...I dont't watch.  Glitches happen I suppose.

I guess my real point, since we have all been long time customers, we know QVC has never been the fastest processor of orders.  Things seem to happen all the time with them.  This has been the case for years, (pre Covid) so we shouldn't be totally surprised and cease our shopping because of this.

Things seem to go on backorder even though shown as available when ordered.  I try not to let it turn into an issue.

There is absolutely nothing QVC sells that I can't live without a little longer.

Esteemed Contributor

I just wish they would be honest with their customers....

New Contributor
I made a purchase on 2/14. I began tracking it on 2/17. Two weeks have gone by with no more than a label has been created. Today they say tracking information is voided.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 - I got the same notification from several of the Manufacturers I buy fabric from. There is a shortage of containers coming overseas so I guess it's a wait until there is an empty container.

Some items I ordered late last summer/early fall are just starting to arrive. But, some I ordered last June are still MIA.

Honored Contributor

@riley1.  Maybe they need to quit making Tiny Houses out of them and use them for their intended purpose?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment