Respected Contributor

Online Tracking Status problem!

[ Edited ]

This morning using both Edge and IE, when tracking a shipped order the "package progress" info is missing, example below.  Anyone else experiencing this odd problem?  If so, this problem needs fixing!

Tracking Status

Package Progress showing City, State, Date and Time of progress update.

Package
Progress     City           State              Date         Time
 LaurelMD09/11/201802:05
 LaurelMD09/11/201802:04
 LaurelMD09/11/201824:54
 YorkPA09/10/201823:24
 YorkPA09/10/201821:05
 HarrisburgPA09/10/201820:30
 HarrisburgPA09/10/201818:27
Return to Order
Honored Contributor

Re: Online Tracking Status problem!

@ScarletDove Is that UPS tracking info?  Their tracking information has gotten to be utterly useless lately for some reason.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@ScarletDove Is that UPS tracking info?  Their tracking information has gotten to be utterly useless lately for some reason.

@Krimpette  Yes, it is UPS tracking...  Interesting, I went back using both Edge and IE and looked up something sent  USPS, and that "package progress" information is listed, so it is specific to UPS.  

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove. I'm not sure what's going on with UPS these days relative to their tracking system, because it used to be very reliable.  And sadly, I can't even get consistent tracking information if I call their 800 and go through the prompts to finally talk to a human,  On one issue recently, I spoke with 3 different reps over a 2-day period.  Three different answers.  Finally, the 3rd person determined that my package was lost and I should file a claim.  (Even though previous tracking information indicated that the package was on the truck!!!!)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

@ScarletDove. I'm not sure what's going on with UPS these days relative to their tracking system, because it used to be very reliable.  And sadly, I can't even get consistent tracking information if I call their 800 and go through the prompts to finally talk to a human,  On one issue recently, I spoke with 3 different reps over a 2-day period.  Three different answers.  Finally, the 3rd person determined that my package was lost and I should file a claim.  (Even though previous tracking information indicated that the package was on the truck!!!!)

@Krimpette  In the middle of the same kind of issue with UPS...package stuck at UPS Laurel, MD since 9/5 with no movement.  I got the runaround and was told by UPS virtual assistant with the final comment "no results found for 1Z....." Contacted QVC Social Team and must wait to see if delivered by 9/13 before they deem pkg lost and replace/reship item. As of this morning, pkg is still sitting at UPS Laurel. This is not the first time experiencing "lost" pkg with UPS.

Valued Contributor

Perhaps the hurricane is causing delays? Another thought: when I encounter a weird or stalled tracking pattern I google the carrier name and "tracking problems". If there is an issue, your area will come up.

Honored Contributor

I bought the Martha Stewart TSV totes on August 28th. which were shipped from the Ontario, Ca. warehouse.  They sat in Phoenix for one week at a UPS facility.  I'm still waiting.... My opinion is that UPS has gone to pot, is over-whelmed and can't cope with their workload.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes...I just thought it could be due to software upgrades on UPS's end...you see the item but can't tell if it's an arrival or departure.  Fortunately, I have seen the items move so often over the years and they stay on the same path I just watch for Keyword Doraville and I know it will get to me the next day!