Trusted Contributor

Hello!  So lately, whenever I try to ask a question about a product or reply in this forum, I'm asked to create a new nickname.  I'm assuming that's a glitch?  

Respected Contributor

It's been an issue for some of us. I finally just caved and changed my nic by adding 70 to the end of my original nic. Haven't had any issues since, except it takes me to the wrong sign in page yet, but I still can post.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 

I'm one that had to change my user nic to access the forums, but even now, if I try to answer a question on products or mark a review as helpful or not, it wants me to pic ANOTHER NEW NIC.

I'm coming here less and less every day......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  @10000Nicknames - I commented on this same problem on another thread ("More IT Problems").

I said that, I kept getting that, when I tried to like a review and finally, I just typed in my existing nickname (where you're supposed to put in a new one).

It accepted it and let me continue on.  Absolutely crazy, but I was not about to change my existing nickname just to leave a review or "like" another one.

When it asks you again, try just typing in your current nickname and hit "continue".

Contributor

I am REPEATEDLY being asked to change my nickname.  Every day!  After every transaction.  I'm sick of it!  At first I ignored it, but it wouldn't stop.  Then, I just typed in my original nick name.  It accepts the original nickname, but the following day it all begins again.  QVC can't you fix this?  Your web site and your services are taking a serious nosedive.  I'm ordering less and less.  Your are losing business.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@catter70 

I'm one that had to change my user nic to access the forums, but even now, if I try to answer a question on products or mark a review as helpful or not, it wants me to pic ANOTHER NEW NIC.

I'm coming here less and less every day......

@KingstonsMom 

I've run into that too.  But I noticed when I hit the 'yes/no' button, the count did add my vote.  So when it wanted me to change my nickname, I just tapped the back button.  My vote was counted without me changing anything.

I haven't tried to write a review, so I don't know about that.

Trusted Contributor

And today, I tried to answer a product question for another customer, and a dialog box popped up with my email and password.  When I clicked on it, it just gave me the old hourglass thing and never let me it.  I give up.  :0(

Contributor

Update:  I am still being asked to change my nickname with every transaction.  My original nickname was MSUSpartan.  Originally, I just retyped that nickname, and it was accepted.  Then I thought I'd try keeping track of the number of times I was being asked to change my nickname.  I add a number after my original nickname.  To date I am at 53 requests to change my nickname.  Hence the new nickname of MSUSpartan53.