Super Contributor

Re: New Shipping Charge Policy For Size Exchanges?

@Pearlee - I started my reply before yours posted, but then got sidetracked before actually finishing mine.  So when I finally did post mine, I did have to chuckle that you already answered the question.  Oh well, that's okay.  Plus, I finally figured out how to include a link, so it wasn't a waste of my time.  Now I need to go find the directions on how to post photos so I can share pics of my 2 new cats!

Super Contributor

I had called customer service before I posted about being charged the return fee if item is not available for an exchange and I was told twice that I would be charged the return fee since the item is not available it is considered a return.  I know it says you won't be charged, but being told by 2 different customer service reps. makes me think I would be charged

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, lets see how well they handle this.   Customer reps need to get on the same page!

Super Contributor

I called customer service again today and got another answer, she said you do get a full refund.  The other day they said no 2 different times, I said they should mention that in the presentation only if item is available and the customer service rep. said she agreed with me, so some don't know what the exchange policy.  They told me today if the return postage isn't refunded that customer service will refund it, but they are the one's that don't know, depends on who you talk to.

Honored Contributor

@yamma024 wrote:

I called customer service again today and got another answer, she said you do get a full refund.  The other day they said no 2 different times, I said they should mention that in the presentation only if item is available and the customer service rep. said she agreed with me, so some don't know what the exchange policy.  They told me today if the return postage isn't refunded that customer service will refund it, but they are the one's that don't know, depends on who you talk to.

@yamma024  Yeah, well, welcome to QVC.  That's been the case pretty much the entire time I've shopped with Q, almost from Q's beginning.

Esteemed Contributor

@Beth-QVC

Then someone needs to school the hosts.   I have hard several hosts contradict you.  I recently returned for exchange  a pair of Martha Stewart Regular Jeans for a Petite.  The item took 12 days to acknowledge my return and then it was credited to my account less the return postage. I called Customer Service and was told you can’t exchange because it’s a different item #.  Of course I complained and demanded they at least credit the return postage.    That is a bad policy.  It’s the same garment and people should be able to return a regular for a Petite or vice versa.    QVC  used to be a great company to deal with. another so much anymore.   

Respected Contributor

@lousgirl84 wrote:

@Beth-QVC

Then someone needs to school the hosts.   I have hard several hosts contradict you.  I recently returned for exchange  a pair of Martha Stewart Regular Jeans for a Petite.  The item took 12 days to acknowledge my return and then it was credited to my account less the return postage. I called Customer Service and was told you can’t exchange because it’s a different item #.  Of course I complained and demanded they at least credit the return postage.    That is a bad policy.  It’s the same garment and people should be able to return a regular for a Petite or vice versa.    QVC  used to be a great company to deal with. another so much anymore.   

@Teddixat in order to qualify for a free exchange, the item has to have the same item #. The problem is sometimes you don't know there is a different item number for petite, regular & tall unles you look online. They don't mention that when watching on air.

Esteemed Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

Also annoying when I send an item for EXCHANGE, with exchange info noted on the slip... and the handler treats it as a RETURN and does not ship the replacement.   I don't know why they don't pay attention to what is on the return/exchange slip.  

---------------

I've written about this before...several years ago, I had a CS tell me that "no one reads those little forms in returned items"!!  And obviously, some item handlers do not read them, since there are issues with exchanges. 

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@SarahW wrote:

Also annoying when I send an item for EXCHANGE, with exchange info noted on the slip... and the handler treats it as a RETURN and does not ship the replacement.   I don't know why they don't pay attention to what is on the return/exchange slip.  

---------------

I've written about this before...several years ago, I had a CS tell me that "no one reads those little forms in returned items"!!  And obviously, some item handlers do not read them, since there are issues with exchanges. 

THIS is why I ALWAYS call before returning/exchanging an item so that my account will state to refund ALL charges blah blah blah. Have not had an issue yet since I started doing that.

Does the policy make sense? No. I believe they're hoping most people won't realize they weren't credited or not make a fuss and so, QVC pockets the profit. Shady, yes. Illegal, no.

Frequent Contributor

You will see from my post that it is 2018 and I was just told by the Returns Department that I will have the return postage DEDUCTED from my return if the size I want to exchange for is not available.  Unacceptable.