Valued Contributor

My Forum Log In has changed - attn MODS

My forum log in is defaulting to a log in that I never used and I must override it whenever I want to post.  What steps can I take to change it?

Honored Contributor

Re: My Forum Log In has changed - attn MODS

@Stevie Nix,   You're seeing "auto-fill" credentials.   When we see those on any website they either come from temporary storage or long-term storage.   

To clear bad information from temporary storage, try clearing cookies/cache/website data for your browser, then close the browser, then relaunch it.  (By the way, this is the reason we generally don't want to rely on cookies for "permanent" storage of username and password, since we need to clear cookies/cache/website data regularly to clear up glitches.)

If the login info is saved in long-term storage, that's normally found in your browser and you can delete or change in directly in your browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.).

How-to details for this will vary depending upon which browser you're using -- if you want, just do an internet search for something like "how to view saved browser passwords" for your specific browser.

If that's clear as mud🙃😜...   just ask and I'll try to help or some of our fellow posters will do so, I'm sure.   I'm sorry you're having problems -- it can be frustrating, I know.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo  - Thanks.  I'll poke around and see what I can do.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo  - I think I resolved it.  Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stevie Nix wrote:

@dooBdoo  - I found the culprit credential but am unable to change it in the manager.  Am I missing something?  If I delete will it remove my access to the forum?  Not sure how to proceed - not computer literate enough I guess.

@Stevie Nix,   Oops!   Edited out my comment since you found the key to success!  That's great!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova