Honored Contributor

Multiple notifications for the same thing

I've noticed the last couple of days that I'm getting multiple notifications for hearts or 'mentioned you in' in my notifications. Sometimes the same one 4 or more times in a row.

Is there a problem with the site, anyone else having this happen.? And it isn't always from the same poster, but several different posters.

Help!

Super Contributor

Re: Multiple notifications for the same thing

@Mominohio wrote:

I've noticed the last couple of days that I'm getting multiple notifications for hearts or 'mentioned you in' in my notifications. Sometimes the same one 4 or more times in a row.

Is there a problem with the site, anyone else having this happen.? And it isn't always from the same poster, but several different posters.

Help!

Hi @Mominohio

If you can share with me some of the specific posts where this is happening I can do some investigation next week. I have also received multiple notifications for a post I was mentioned but I think it was because the post was either quoted or edited. I am happy to take a closer look if you can provide some more detail.

Have a nice weekend!

Honored Contributor

It seems that when someone edits a post with a notification in it, it resends the notification. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@KeyaiKeyai-QVCQVC wrote:

@mominohiomominohio wrote:

Help!

Hi @Mominohio

If you can share with me some of the specific posts where this is happening I can do some investigation next week. I have also received multiple notifications for a post I was mentioned but I think it was because the post was either quoted or edited. I am happy to take a closer look if you can provide some more detail.

Have a nice weekend!

You know what @Keyai, I bet it might be because of the quote feature or the edits.  I wasn't aware that this would happen when one quoted or edited. So let me watch and see if this is what is happening, before I send you on a wild goose chase! LOL

Has this always happened, getting notified every time someone quotes your post or makes an edit? Is there some way they can stop that? Doesn't seem to be necessary, if I'm understanding what might be happening correctly.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Honored Contributor

On the other hand, hearts are like hugs and kisses -  welcome almost all the time.  Right now I see 2 notifications, but I'll save them for a few hours.  Who knows, I might want a boost later!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

On the other hand, hearts are like hugs and kisses -  welcome almost all the time.  Right now I see 2 notifications, but I'll save them for a few hours.  Who knows, I might want a boost later!

What a sweet post, @millieshops!   Here's another heart for you, in addition to those in your notification feed...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova