New Contributor

Mods Please Read : Order Cancelled by QVC after Pre Auth/Debit was Charged

[ Edited ]

I am having the worst 1st time experience with my order. I placed an order for a camera to take advantage of the 5 Easy Pay that is going on right now. Now the camera is pretty over priced but the price of convenience to split up the cost without opening another credit card was what I was looking forward to. 

After placing the order my account was hit for a pre auth of nearly $1200. Now this is fine and what I expected, until the order was canceled and now I am at the mercy of the banks time line to release the hold. 

I called QVC and first was told that it was a billing address issued. I confirmed that it was the right address, clearly there wasn't a mismatch with the pre auth going through. I was then told that it must have been because it was an expensive item and this is my first order....Why would they offer the Easy Pay without any type of warning or checking your customer status etc before charging??

I then asked that if that was the case, what is the invisible limit or amount that I can purchase up to to make sure this doesn't happen again, and hold another $1000 or more for 7-10 days until my bank releases the funds. Is every order a gamble and experiment to see if I'm under some unknown threshold. 

I still want to place my order. Is there anyone out there that can help? How can I be sure that the next order of any amount will go through. This defeats the entire purpose of the Easy Pay plan, they shouldn't offer it on items that will be denied, but then again why would someone order the item at a premium price unless they were getting the convenience of the split payments. 

If someone can help that would be great, none of their support was very helpful....

Ky

New Contributor

Re: Mods Please Read : Order Cancelled by QVC after Pre Auth/Debit was Charged

[ Edited ]

@Kim-QVC or @Alice-QVC can you please help or explain this process. I am at a loss and currently without 1184$ because of the issue.

Super Contributor

@KyStrad 

You must email the mods at:   QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

They are excellent in helping. Include your order number in the email.

Respected Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@KyStrad 

You must email the mods at:   QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

They are excellent in helping. Include your order number in the email.

It is not a requirement to email the moderators. The Customer Care forum was created for customers to contact the moderators.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KyStrad 

You should edit & remove your order # from your last post as this is personal info.  😊

Tap on 3 dots in upper right corner of your post & then "edit" to remove it.

Also can call 1-800-367-9444 and press #0  to speak to customer service.

QVC Customer Care

@KyStrad 

I am sorry for any inconvenience. Our Finance department does a verification check on first time orders. They are looking to verify the financial details provided by the first time customer. I have sent you an email which included a phone number to contact our Finance verification group and once verified, they may reinstate the order. If the order is reinstated, you would then get the same price and credit terms as originally offered.

Beth QVC 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418  NM, mod answered.

New Contributor

I removed my order # and emailed the social team. They suggested I call the financial review team. They are trying sort out if this was an error with the address or if the easy payment amount was actually to high. We are going to try place the order 1 more time. Last time the cancelation came 40 min after the order confirmation. Hopefully this one goes well. If there is an issue this time. I will probably stray away from QVC for a bit/ever/. Fortunately all of the customer service staff has been nice so far, just relatively confused. 

New Contributor

I will update as this moves along in case anyone else runs into the same issue. The rep placed the order over the phone and said that she wasn't entirely sure what happened and that when my order was canceled, that my QVC user was deleted. All that after they had already processed a pre auth. 

Hopefully this order stays on track and doesn't flag/cancel an hour after the pre auth was run.

Honored Contributor

@KyStrad Did you see the post from Beth-QVC?