Regular Contributor

Where were the Mods during the free shipping debacle that happened on Sunday, the last day of the special? Customers are upset & rightfully so. Q, you knew there was a problem but sat silently by while this went on for hours. If you really are concerned about your customer base, which at the moment doesn't seem to be the case, you need to rectify the situation. A wise mentor gave me the following advice when I started my business - always give the customer a little more than what they expected. An extension of the free shipping would be a nice gesture.

Respected Contributor

They're busy deleting "offensive" posts.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@suzykee wrote:

Where were the Mods during the free shipping debacle that happened on Sunday, the last day of the special? Customers are upset & rightfully so. Q, you knew there was a problem but sat silently by while this went on for hours. If you really are concerned about your customer base, which at the moment doesn't seem to be the case, you need to rectify the situation. A wise mentor gave me the following advice when I started my business - always give the customer a little more than what they expected. An extension of the free shipping would be a nice gesture.

It was a problem way over the amount of mods that Q had to handle the situation. It was mentioned on air the site was a problem.  Mods are the last people to blame.  It is the big money people making the decisions.  They wanted people to auto order.  That being said Q should have offered an extension of free shipping to soothe/ correct the problem.

Trusted Contributor

@suzykeeIt seems that QVC is its own worst enemy! With all the "problems" with free shipping on Sunday, that didn't work, they should offer it again next Sunday. Just a thought.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

It’s not just on this forum, but it’s their FB page as well.  Mods usually chime in to assist or respond to at least some questions, and especially the repetitive ones.  But radio silence from them there as well.

In light of all the negative responses to changes and glitches QVC has had lately, seems like the corporate decision is for customer service to stay silent for a while. 

For a business that promotes itself in relationships and “we want to talk to you,” they sure aren’t walking the talk right now.  

Honored Contributor

And just what do you think the mods could do about it?

Most likely the website was experiencing a heavy traffic load and the system crashed.  Its happened to Amazon on Cyber Monday before.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   It's not about the Mods/Customer Service doing something about it or creating a miracle fix that is out of their control.  But communication is key for any business.  QVC usually chimes in with a generic statement like "we are aware some are experiencing issues with the website, we are looking into it, thank you."    That's simple, and they have done just that before.  The silence was strange, that's all.

Respected Contributor

I think the scope of online problems warranted a statement from somebody.

The Mods are the usual staff who interact with forum members, so, to me, it makes sense that people would expect them to respond.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's bizarre the way some posters use Board Moderators as their personal shopping assistants.  I would think that is what a Customer Service department is for.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the mods have received new orders to be more "hands off" with the posters here, who are constantly going to them to fix their problems.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.