Honored Contributor

Moderators please close my thread from further comments

It is on the community forum. It is the thread on  "my neighbors heat/air conditioning unit."  Posters have gotten off track....making comments that are not necessary or helpful.  Best to shut it down. ThankYou.

Honored Contributor

Re: Moderators please close my thread from further comments

Go to your thread and mark the responses that are a problem "Inappropriate". That will bring them to the Mods' attention.

QVC Customer Care

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It is on the community forum. It is the thread on  "my neighbors heat/air conditioning unit."  Posters have gotten off track....making comments that are not necessary or helpful.  Best to shut it down. ThankYou.

Hi @SeaMaiden

That thread has been closed for further commenting.

Barb

Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Wonder why a person would close their own thread unless they don't want to hear both sides.  Mods shut down boards on their own when threads go off topic.  I will say threads should be closed for commenting when they get old.  For example, if someone asks for advice on Easter attire and people are responding two weeks later.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG - The thread is still there with comments if you care to read it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Wonder why a person would close their own thread unless they don't want to hear both sides.  Mods shut down boards on their own when threads go off topic.  I will say threads should be closed for commenting when they get old.  For example, if someone asks for advice on Easter attire and people are responding two weeks later.

@AuntG

That's just it. When the author of a thread doesn't get the sympathy and "poor baby. How awful for you! etc", they go running to the mods whining and complaining, and in general, just being a tattle-tale. It's like when a first grader goes running to the teacher crying, "Teacher! Teacher! They're being mean to me!"

It's that same exact mentality.

If the author of the thread only wants to have sympathetic responses to his or her thread, then they should just say so, right up front. "Please, I am seeking sympathy, and only want responses that feel sorry for me".

It's interesting how nobody ever does that.

Then they get their noses bent out of joint, and in to a snit, when the responses that they get doesn't offer any sympathy or pity for the author.

That's when they go running to the mods and become a tattle-tale, to tell on the "mean posters" who didn't feel sorry for them.

Honored Contributor

Guess she felt like she didn't want to hear comments on top of the a/c she'll  have to listen to for the rest of her life.

Lol

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Why shut that down?  There's always Easter for next year to get ideas from.  Two weeks is old?

Honored Contributor

Interesting given that the OP often makes comments that are not necessary or helpful.  Guess when the shoe is on the other foot, she didn't like it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out her response in the TV section Jeremiah Raber arrested for abuse (I can't remember the exact title but that is close). "Women who live in those situations deserve it" - something along those lines - 

That's when I really lost it. Funny thing, she never responded to me.