Respected Contributor

Hi,

I tried to ad 4 new pictures of my dog and now even my first one that came up with my nic name is a big red X.  I've never seen that with any other name!

I called CS and they really can't help me.

I changed my email address because my old one showed up and I got 2 conformations in email and did both.  Did one cancel out the other?  The pictures were there and now they are "awaiting approval." 

Thank you,

Cathy

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom

I had the same problem and our resident guru, @dooBdoo helped several of us with this problem!

By notifying her in my post above, maybe she'll be around soon and repeat her instructions for you!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Jackhound Mom

I had the same problem and our resident guru, @dooBdoo helped several of us with this problem!

By notifying her in my post above, maybe she'll be around soon and repeat her instructions for you!

Thank you IG!  I have written with her on other posts.  Which one can I contact her on, her name?  I'll try it.

Cathy

Honored Contributor

Re: Mod's Please Help!

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the alert, @KingstonsMom!   @Jackhound Mom,   I'm not sure how your email address is related, but I can answer about images.   Most of them will appear as "awaiting approval."   That doesn't seem to affect our ability to access them, and even though we've been asking about this status since the launch of the new platform it seems to me this "approval" feature isn't even used.   

Here are the instructions I posted a couple of threads explaining how I add and change my avatar:       

Some posters go into their "Settings" using the "Avatar" tab but recently there have been glitches with that method.  I don't use "Settings."   Here's what I do:

1 -- Go to your Profile and under "My images" choose "View Images for [your name].

image.jpeg

2 -- Then,

either tap/click on the words "ADD IMAGES" and go through all the steps for a new image -- and be sure to click/tap SAVE -- ( or  you can select one of your existing images.)

image.jpeg

3 -- Next, click/tap "Image Options" just above the picture and select "Use Image as Avatar."    Normally, this will take effect immediately.

image.jpeg

With a newly-added image or with an existing one, you will see the "Image Options" drop-down menu and you can use that to change your avatar.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want to try and explain why the red "X" (a broken link) appears where there once was an image, because this question crops up now and then.   

When we add an avatar, the image next to our name is not a copy of the image -- it actually is a link back to the original image residing in our profile image albums.   

If we delete the picture from the image album, the link is broken.   

This occurs within posts, also.    When we post and use the "Insert/edit image" feature and choose "From My Uploaded Images," that action goes over to our profile image albums and creates a link.   

So, the image is not saved in the post, itself -- the post is "looking" over to our profile images to use the picture saved there.     If we remove the image from the album, we break the link and the post no longer can find the image.   The red "X" indicates this.  

That might be clear as mud...  but I hope it makes some sense.🙃😜😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Jackhound Mom

Thank you all again!!!  IG i love your dog pic!!!  We had a brindle for our first dog Heart

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I want to try and explain why the red "X" (a broken link) appears where there once was an image, because this question crops up now and then.   

When we add an avatar, the image next to our name is not a copy of the image -- it actually is a link back to the original image residing in our profile image albums.   

If we delete the picture from the image album, the link is broken.   

This occurs within posts, also.    When we post and use the "Insert/edit image" feature and choose "From My Uploaded Images," that action goes over to our profile image albums and creates a link.   

So, the image is not saved in the post, itself -- the post is "looking" over to our profile images to use the picture saved there.     If we remove the image from the album, we break the link and the post no longer can find the image.   The red "X" indicates this.  

That might be clear as mud...  but I hope it makes some sense.🙃😜😊

Yes, it was mud to me but DH understood and fixed it.  Thank you a million times over!  You were right, it had nothing to do with my email change.  I think it happened when we put a picture of Scooter in the sheets on a post.

Your art cat is adorable Cat Very Happy

Hugs, Cathy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're so welcome, @Jackhound Mom!  Thank you!  I think your sweet pup is adorable.❤️