Occasional Visitor

I have an item marked as delivered by UPS and I never received it. What do I do now?

Thank you.

Contributor

call customer service...It happened to me...I got my money back

Honored Contributor

Re: Missing Item

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Forum, @EWGjr.

Note what day and time it was delivered.  If it was today, the day is not over yet.  UPS delivers until 7 or 8 pm.  One time, about 2 weeks before Christmas, I received a package around midnight.  

Occasionally, UPS marks packages delivered before they are delivered that day or the next day.  So, I would wait until the end of the next day.  

Why do drivers mark them delivered before delivery?  To save time.  They plan on delivering all their packages in the trucks, but they are so packed full during the Christmas season, they can't get all delivered that day.  

Did you walk all around the outside of your house checking all the doors, garage doors, as well?  A few times my packages were delivered in front of the garage doors by seasonal drivers. I can't see the doors from inside my house.

Also, it could have been delivered to a resident in your neighborhood.  If that's the case, you might want to give them a day to see if they deliver it to you; however, not all residents are honest.  

Another possibility is porch pirates that are very active during this time.  They follow delivery trucks around.  

QVC will refund your money or send a replacement if available, but if your package hasn't been delivered yet, you may end up returning one.  I'd rather not have that hassle, so I wait an extra day to see if it will be delivered.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    You ought to file and keep your excellent response.  I have a feel it may be needed often this month and next. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@EWGjr  Many times (nearly all) when items come from QVC, it will show shipped via UPS, but delivered by USPS.  UPS will deliver it to the post office to have it delivered to your home.  I'm sure it's done to save costs.

Look at the detail and see if it shows "arrived" or "delivered".  If arrived, it probably means it arrived to the UPS building and then was given to the post office to deliver, which means a couple of days or more before it arrives at your door.

I am waiting for some hair products that show On Trac delivered last night at 5:45 pm, but they didn't arrive, and I was home.  I was told by the company (not QVC) to wait until 8 pm tomorrow and if it still hasn't arrived, call them.  From what I understand, especially with some vendors, they have to do a certain amount of deliveries per day, so they mark it delivered and then actually deliver it the next day.  Sounds unethical, but it's happened to me before.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@EWGjr wrote:

I have an item marked as delivered by UPS and I never received it. What do I do now?

Thank you.

Look in your driveway, thats where my box of medicine and sweater were put yesterday. In fact my son came and just happened to see the package with my sweater in ,under his truck. Too darn lazy to walk 10 steps to my porch. I'm so sick of UPS, wish QVC would quit using them all together.

Respected Contributor

Give it a couple of days. If it doesn't show up then get in touch with customer service. I would say about 98% of the time it shows up literally the next day or when the US Postal Service makes a delivery. Sometimes they get the package from UPS. 

One T-shirt I ordered showed up six weeks later. By then I had already received a credit.