Valued Contributor

I just called QVC customer service as I have a credit on my account. I asked why the credit isn't just applied to my Q card? The rep told me that the credit is a membership credit. I asked what that was, she said it's a credit that can only be used for future purchases, but she gave no other explanation.
Toward the end of last year, I opened a Q card bcz they offered a credit for opening. I used that credit and now this credit is higher than that opening incentive.
What is a membership credit and how does it work?

Honored Contributor

It is an incentive for you to order something.  I'm assuming they will take the credit off your total.  Check before you hit the final button to submit order.  

Honored Contributor

i also supposedly have a membership credit according to an email i received regarding a return. i cannot find it on my account though. i even did a checkout and it is not showing up there either on the payment page.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@depglass wrote:

It is an incentive for you to order something.  I'm assuming they will take the credit off your total.  Check before you hit the final button to submit order.  

Yes, I understand that. There is a box that can be checked in an order to use the credit or not. My question is: where does the credit come from? I opened a Q account last year, got a $40 credit...used that. This is a $50+ and change credit.
If it's a return, I want the return to be applied to the original payment method, NOT a credit for future purchases. I suspect that's the case, and at no time ever, did I check the box for a return to be applied as a merchandise credit.
If it's some kind of rewards system that QVC offers, I'd like to know how it works.

Respected Contributor

@Quse  Since the amount of the credit is so much, I think you are correct that they gave you the account credit instead of refunding it to your card when you made the return.

Sometimes HSN sends me a $20 coupon or 20% off one item that's good for a couple days, but they would never send $50+, and it would be an even number (no cents).

Laura loves cats!
QVC Customer Care

@Quse   I have taken a look at your account, I will email you with the details. 

Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

@Susan-QVC

is there any way you can look at my account also please?

i received an email on 2/1 stating that i have qvc credits of $60.32.

can you tell me how i can find where this is located so that i can use it?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Susan,

Thank you for looking at this and responding.
I logged in today to use the credit on a purchase, only to find yet, more in "credits". These are returns that should be credited back to the Q card, not applied as "credits", as I did NOT check "refund as merchandise credit". 
I used the "credits" on a purchase today, so that is no issue, but in the future, refunds that are checked "refund original method of payment" should be credited back to the account balance, NOT issued as merchandise credit. Customer service also needs to realize that this is NOT a membership credit, these are returns processed improperly.

Thank you again for responding.

Honored Contributor

@Susan-QVC

just forwarded my email from qvc that is dated 2/1/19 regarding my qvc credits. sent it to qvcsocialteam@qvc.com. did not hear back from you on this thread so i sent the email instead.

cannot find the qvc credits on my account and dont see the refund applied to my credit card?

QVC Customer Care

Re: Membership Credit?

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45   I am so sorry, did you get any assistance with your credit issue? If not email me the order info and I will have it researched.   I didnt see an email from you yesterday, I'm so sorry! 

Email me at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

My apologies,

Susan Q-Social