Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit - I have never read the rules for the forum.  But I would never dream of using profanity here, as I don't in any aspect of my life. 

As to the other thread about the forums that is now closed for commenting, I will say that I too have found the forum rather boring lately.  I come here out of bordom or looking for an escape during the day.  While I know I could find other forums with no rules I don't really want to do that either. 

I do wish we could talk politics without it getting mean spirited.  The country is more divided than ever and not being able to talk about things in a civil manner is not helping the situation.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Oh boy, wouldn't she be a great MIL?

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips I'm sure there are many places on the internet to discuss politics.

Thankfully, this is NOT one of them. I actually did read the rules when I signed up years ago.

Valued Contributor

Re: Manager complaint

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have to admit - I have never read the rules for the forum.  But I would never dream of using profanity here, as I don't in any aspect of my life. 

As to the other thread about the forums that is now closed for commenting, I will say that I too have found the forum rather boring lately.  I come here out of bordom or looking for an escape during the day.  While I know I could find other forums with no rules I don't really want to do that either. 

I do wish we could talk politics without it getting mean spirited.  The country is more divided than ever and not being able to talk about things in a civil manner is not helping the situation.

@Puppy Lips, Many years ago, it was kind of anything goes on this board. Let me tell you, it was an ugly, angry environment back then. I don't think that it's possible to talk politics in a friendly manner unless you are only talking to others who are on the same side as you. It might start out civil but it likely wouldn't stay that way. I'm personally glad they no longer allow it.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Oh boy, wouldn't she be a great MIL?

@AuntG 

I wouldn't even want as a neighbor, Gladys Kravitz comes to mind.

Gladys Kravitz Freaks Out - YouTube

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Karen needs to speak to a manager about not being able to use profanity on a forum. I'm sure someone will be more than happy to tell you where to go. 

Whoa !

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hopefully, QVC's call center is like mine, where I announce that someone is demanding a manager, and we all laugh, then one of our co-workers (who isn't a manager) takes the call and repeats what I just told the caller.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@michmi wrote:

Hopefully, QVC's call center is like mine, where I announce that someone is demanding a manager, and we all laugh, then one of our co-workers (who isn't a manager) takes the call and repeats what I just told the caller.

@michmi That's so sad but you are right about that. I know certain people do that for sure and I guess it makes them feel as if they have done something that makes them feel superior. Only people without a heart would do something like that.

What goes around.............!!!

You should not have admitted that but I guess you know it's not the right thing to do to a Customer.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Karen needs to speak to a manager about not being able to use profanity on a forum. I'm sure someone will be more than happy to tell you where to go. 

@GenXmuse  FYI Mods have removed posts here for using "Karen" as you have too. I'm sure that is the legitimate name of a lot of QVC customers whom you have just offended.