Trusted Contributor

Re: MODS Please help with Notification Issues

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@icezeus @Ketra @NickNack @ Montana @SilleeMee 

Think about it...if you were running a forum, what would be the surest way to end it?

I have been thinking about this, and it seems that cutting off cross-communication would be a sure-Fire way to end it.

Why have a forum? After all, this exists to engender sales (of QVC products) right?

@LTT1 @ Montana @SilleeMee @icezeus @NickNack @I think they are capable of anything at the moment. My notifications have been down since 13 Feb. The Mods won’t talk to us except to pull threads. Something’s up.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea what this forum is for or why it exists.  But if it's dying, they should just get rid of it once and for all, not a slow, painful death.

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I have no idea what this forum is for or why it exists.  But if it's dying, they should just get rid of it once and for all, not a slow, painful death.

@Johnnyeager God forbid they be that direct about anything. They won’t even answer customer service questions.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Ketra the IT Department is working on the issue with the Community. If there is a customer service issue we can help you with please let us know.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @Ketra the IT Department is working on the issue with the Community. If there is a customer service issue we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you Alice. That’s all I needed help with. The other issue I posted about in this forum today was passed to corporate for review. I live in hope, but certainly won’t hold my breath on that one. Just for the record, my notifications have been down since the 13th of Feb. Thank you again for the update.

Honored Contributor

Notifications are only part of the problem. There's also the relative inability to access profiles, the fact that posting sometimes gltiches and takes forever and you don't know if your comments 'took' or not, and intermittently, pages that load very slowly. Some of these issues have been going on for several months and, true to form, QVC has essentially made no effort to communicate with users about them. Instead of relying on moderators to occasionally post something in a thread, where it might or might not be seen by most of those impacted, there really is no reason they could't post updates in a highly visible spot for all to see. Of course, they never do things like that, even when the sales side of the site is down or malfunctioning, They just go merrily along.... The great communicator they aren't...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think the boards are either going to be dropped altogether or get another revamp that's what I think is going to happen and I've been here for a few seconds. LOL

Honored Contributor

@icezeus @SharkE @stevieb @Ketra 

Well, QVC forum pals,

I hate to play devil’s advocate, but that is exactly what I am doing!

Perhaps we should be grateful to QVC for providing this place; overseeing it with mods; paying for internet space etc.

I do not understand why people feel they have a right to “in essence” demand their notifications/hearts?

This forum has been “gifted” to us.  We have no right to demand...request yes; demand no and in what world would this be a right?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@icezeus @SharkE @stevieb @Ketra 

Well, QVC forum pals,

I hate to play devil’s advocate, but that is exactly what I am doing!

Perhaps we should be grateful to QVC for providing this place; overseeing it with mods; paying for internet space etc.

I do not understand why people feel they have a right to “in essence” demand their notifications/hearts?

This forum has been “gifted” to us.  We have no right to demand...request yes; demand no and in what world would this be a right?

@LTT1  And we customers who spend a lot of hard earned cash are gifted to QVC. They have no right to our money. We choose to spend it here for our own reasons. If QVC is going to have boards they must be maintained. If not, then they’ll let us know. Other companies have prime memberships, etc...... Incentives have to be of value and maintained. The customer / store relationship is a two way street.