Respected Contributor

MODS - Can Two Users Have Same Nickname?

[ Edited ]

It appears to me that two of us have the same nickname on this board, and I don't understand how that could be possible. I've been asking this question ever since the board changed and can't get an answer, even though I've emailed Customer Care many, many times about it.

Here is the latest post from the other "lainey1" who isn't me.

lainey1
Contributor
lainey1
Re: Self-tanners and what to wear....
Options
‎03-28-2017 12:45 PM

I agree, most of some sort of odor. i can't remember which I one I used years ago, and when I started to sweat, the smell from the self tanner was awful. I was making myself sickSmiley Happy

Am I missing something or do we really both have the same nickname?

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

Re: MODS - Can Two Users Have Same Nickname?

@lainey1 wrote:

It appears to me that two of us have the same nickname on this board, and I don't understand how that could be possible. I've been asking this question ever since the board changed and can't get an answer, even though I've emailed Customer Care many, many times about it.

Iainey1
Contributor
lainey1
Options

I agree, most of some sort of odor. i can't remember which I one I used years ago, and when I started to sweat, the smell from the self tanner was awful. I was making myself sickSmiley Happy

_______

Could it be that hers startes with a captial I and not a small L, they both appear the same way.

Iainey1 (lower case I as first lettr) and lainey1 (lower caseL as first letter)

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I have seen posters with the same name. When one discovered it, they told the other poster to change their name. 

When I logged in after a long absence about 10 years ago, I chose a name. Ok, all set. Was posting for a few days and read a post from someone with my exact name! I changed mine right away.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@lainey1 wrote:

Iainey1
Contributor
lainey1
Options

_______

Could it be that hers startes with a captial I and not a small L, they both appear the same way.

This is what happened to me.  I had a different screen name originally and later found that someone else had the same name, but with different capitalization.  Not only did I not want my name associated with what she was posting, I didn't want others to be confused, so I changed mine.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @lainey1 I am not sure why the same nic was allowed to be used, but we are looking into it. Would you like to try to change yours back to lainey, you may be able to now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@lainey1 wrote:

Iainey1
Contributor
lainey1
Options

_______

@I am still oxox

Thanks for your suggestion, and I see what you mean, they both do look alike when you enter then into the nickname box.

But, I just did a search by users using "lainey" with a lower case L and many names come up, including mine and the other "lainey1". When I do the same search using a lower case I no names come up.

Respected Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @lainey1 I am not sure why the same nic was allowed to be used, but we are looking into it. Would you like to try to change yours back to lainey, you may be able to now.

@Alice-QVC

Thank you for responding to my post.

I just tried to change my name back to "lainey" and I get a message "We're sorry, the nickname you entered has already been chosen by another customer. Please create a new nickname."

Yes, because the nickname belongs to me!Woman Sad I've had it since way back to ShopTalk days here on the Q.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette@proudlyfromNJ

I'm sorry this happened to you too.

Obviously there's a glitch in their system if it's allowing people to use the same usernames. 

QVC Customer Care

I am sorry, Let's want to see what the group can find out for you. I will let them know you tried to change it but couldn't 

Honored Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

@Alice-QVC wrote:

@Alice-QVC

Thank you for responding to my post.

I just tried to change my name back to "lainey" and I get a message "We're sorry, the nickname you entered has already been chosen by another customer. Please create a new nickname."

Yes, because the nickname belongs to me!Woman Sad I've had it since way back to ShopTalk days here on the Q.

i had a similar problem @lainey1.

i have been using the name "sunshine45" for a very long time.

i then tried to sign in one day and could not.

i was getting the same error message that you had about the nickname being chosen by another customer......and the customer was ME.

i had to change it to "Sunshine45."

no one could ever get me back my lower case S.......

not a big deal, but still a nuisance.

i am now wondering what i can do if i lose THIS name. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein