Occasional Contributor

So I've never ordered from QVC, have family members that have for years and suggested I take a look. So on 5/1 I ordered my son a PS4 with an EDD of 5/10. I'm fine with that and had many tell me they usually get stuff before the EDD.

I'm not expecting before the EDD, never did, just hoping now to get it by the EDD, as it still has not shipped. Called CS to see what was going on and all they could tell me was "they received confirmation of order on 5/6 from the vendor". They did not have any tracking info about the item and it may or may not have shipped already.

I did do the order on easy pay (single dad, lol), so I don't know if that causes delays or what. I just figured I would have seen some movement on the item by now. I didn't know that all electronics drop ship from vendors, had I known I would have prepared for it to take longer. I would have made extra sure my 8 yr. old hadn't found out it was ordered, lol.  Is it normal for an item to take this long to ship?

QVC Customer Care

@waymore81 wrote:

So I've never ordered from QVC, have family members that have for years and suggested I take a look. So on 5/1 I ordered my son a PS4 with an EDD of 5/10. I'm fine with that and had many tell me they usually get stuff before the EDD.

I'm not expecting before the EDD, never did, just hoping now to get it by the EDD, as it still has not shipped. Called CS to see what was going on and all they could tell me was "they received confirmation of order on 5/6 from the vendor". They did not have any tracking info about the item and it may or may not have shipped already.

I did do the order on easy pay (single dad, lol), so I don't know if that causes delays or what. I just figured I would have seen some movement on the item by now. I didn't know that all electronics drop ship from vendors, had I known I would have prepared for it to take longer. I would have made extra sure my 8 yr. old hadn't found out it was ordered, lol.  Is it normal for an item to take this long to ship?

Hi @waymore81 thank you for posting in our forums. We also like to thank you for your recent order, we appreciate that you have bought PS4 from us. It is a vendor ship item (coming directly from their warehouses) and vendor shipped items typically take an additional 2 days, hence the EDD of 5/10/16. Another step on this order was the verification process for an item that is of a higher dollar amount, especially on a first order using EZ Pay installments. I was able to check on it and it has processed successfully through and is set for shipping, still to arrive on or around the 10th. You will receive a shipped confirmation email very soon. Please email at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com should you have any further concerns on this order or any questions or other concerns that we can help with. Thank you for being our customer.

~Kim

Valued Contributor

I'm so sick of items sitting "IN PROCESS" for 4 days.  You can't cancel.  It starts 6 hours after you place the order!!!  It is RIDICULOUS!!!  Why not SHIP or leave it in a state to be cancelled????

Frequent Contributor

@highmaintenancejan

6 Hours? I have read on here about people trying to cancel within 10 minutes or less and cant even do that so it has to be a fixed system. I agree, since the QVC rep mentioned that factory shipped items need an additional 2 days to process, there should be a way to cancel an order within 24 hours or less!

Respected Contributor

Don't hold your breath on receiving this item on the 10th.  I rarely order here because of the extremely slow shipping.  If I do order, I always make sure it's something I don't have to have by a certain date.  Shipping is horrible.  It usually takes at least 2 weeks to get something.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Long Shipping

[ Edited ]

Gone are the good old days! Smiley Sad I remember back when shipping from the Q was in about 2 days tops from order date. I think that the problem now is with most of the drop shipping or vendor shipping from items sold on the Q. Back when things were shipped directly from QVC inventory warehouses, orders were shipped within 2 business days. Now that is definitely NOT the case!