Occasional Contributor

I watched a Q presentation one time for a kunzite ring and the hostess said it had already been faded and the color would remain the same as what it was when QVC sold it. I don’t want to spend the money on a stone that will fade. Can someone from QVC answer this please?!  How are the stones "already faded"?  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Mei     If you Google "Kunzite", you will find the answer

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Mei    QVC employees, except for the board Moderators, don't participate here.  You can ask a question in the reviews section but a lot don't get answered. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Mei wrote:

I watched a Q presentation one time for a kunzite ring and the hostess said it had already been faded and the color would remain the same as what it was when QVC sold it. I don’t want to spend the money on a stone that will fade. Can someone from QVC answer this please?!  How are the stones "already faded"?  Thank you.

I recommend you google Kunzites.  They are treated gemstones.  Likely irradiated.  Some gemstone treatments are not permanent.  Go to a reliable source to check out everything you need to about the stone if you're concerned.  @Mei .

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Mei wrote:

I recommend you google Kunzites.  They are treated gemstones.  Likely irradiated.  Some gemstone treatments are not permanent.  Go to a reliable source to check out everything you need to about the stone if you're concerned.  @Mei .

Oh no!  GAK!  Hopefully my Tanzanite collection doesn't fade.  That's a stone that's "cooked" to give it, its lovely color also.  I am quite interested in Kuntzite.  I saw a gorgeous one that did not need diamonds around it.  It was a rich, blush color.  A GOOD stone must be color saturated BUT be quite see through.  My Tanzanite collection is AAA NOT Quad A.   REAL Quad A is seriously expensive.  Triple A has pinks, reds, lavenders and mostly is a darkish periwinkle.  Looks amazing with a carat in diamonds around it.  Now, Quad A is ROYAL BLUE ONLY.  NO pinks,  reds or purples in it at all.  There is quite a difference.  Anyway, now that I said all that pa plap a pa,  (my made up word)  LOL.  I'm hoping my collection doesn't fade!!!!!  I din' know dat!!!!! LOL!  Seriously though I didn't.

Honored Contributor

@Mei wrote:

I have had a gorgeous kunzite ring for 12 years and the color is as vibrant as it was when I bought it. It was a quality stone so perhaps that is the difference from what Q is selling.

Esteemed Contributor

I also own a beautiful Kunzite ring DH gave me on our 10th anniversary, we have been married a lot longer than that now and that ring is still vibrant.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for your responses. The ring is the one Jennifer Coffey presented, she purchased it herself. I have researched the stone, but still have my concerns.  It's good to hear from owners of kunzite that your stones are still beautiful. Thanks again!!

Esteemed Contributor

Many gemstones are treated to enhance the color.  It's definitely "buyer beware ".    There is another shopping channel with a website that lists all gemstones, origins, treatments,  and care.  Very informative. 

Treated gemstones will fade with time and wear.  It's best to learn how to care for them.