Trusted Contributor

Item In Process-Now Backorder???

I ordered the Susan Graver Hi Stretch Jeans. One color on waitlist, but the other pair showed in stock and sat in the “In Process” status for several days....now it says Backorder. How can an item be in stock and being processed, but now Backorder? How can they sell more than what is in stock? Very frustrating. Can someone help with this issue? Thank you in advance.

New Contributor

Re: Item In Process-Now Backorder???

Same thing happened to me with a check.  Took so long then never came back in stock 

Regular Contributor

The same thing has happened to me three times in the last week. I order an item it goes through and the next day it says backorder. What is wrong with QVC ordering process? I think this is not good for your marketing. If we can’t depend that an order is placed, I will hesitate to place an order in the future. 

Trusted Contributor

When it happened to me, I called CS & they said that the stock is available, it just hasn't arrived at QVC to fill orders. I got what I ordered in the same amount of time that I would have received it if it had not been backordered HTH

Trusted Contributor

I just spoke to Customer Service about this issue and was told that there’s no guarantee that the items ordered will always be available. What??? If that is the case, then maybe they should have a disclaimer on the bottom of the screen that there is no guarantee this item will be available after your order is processed. When I ordered them, it went through like any order...I even got the confirmation receipt that the order went through....now it’s on Backorder. Very confusing and makes me wonder how you can sell merchandise you don’t have.